cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liquid Screen Protectors

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the best liquid screen protector out there in your opinion and why?

I would like one that prevents the screen on a Lumia 1020 getting ANY scratches.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

A user on here, Bambino, has been using a liquid screen protector as detailed here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Going-Back-to-Nokia-What-Do-I-Need-To-Kn...

@Bambino, over to you for another review! slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

A user on here, Bambino, has been using a liquid screen protector as detailed here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Going-Back-to-Nokia-What-Do-I-Need-To-Kn...

@Bambino, over to you for another review! slight_smile

Message 2 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I'm using one called Liquid Armor, which you can find on Amazon. So far it seems to be doing the job well. I haven't noticed any scratches since applying it about two weeks ago, but I'm reasonably careful with my phone anyway.  

The one I bought came with four individual sachets. These have the liquid in them and an applicator. You just put the liquid on, spread it over the screen and let it sit for ten minutes. You can then buff the screen with the included microfiber cloth. I actually didn't buff it for 24 hours to let it 'cure', which is suggested in the instructions.

I don't think you can guarantee that it will prevent ANY scratch, as the OP has asked, but this one is doing a good job as far as I can tell. It hasn't affected the touch sensitivity of the screen either. You're meant to use one sachet every six months, so theoretically this purchase should last two years.

Hope this helps.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using this one on my note 3 haven't noticed any scratches did leave it 24 hours to set then just buff off

http://www.crystalusion.com/
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious how much screen protectors actually protect phones like the Lumia 1020.

The 1020 has Gorilla Glass 3, so I'd be interested to know if people get many screen scratches when they don't use a protector?

Message 5 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

It really depends on how hard you are on your phone, and if you trust Gorilla Glass to prevent all scratches. The technology isn't perfected as yet, and although it's pretty good, are you really certain it's going to do the job without any other protection? I have a Motorola Razr HD and it has Gorilla Glass, but it did pick up a small hairline scratch along the way. I haven't had any other scratches  since using the liquid protector I'm using now. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

It really depends on how hard you are on your phone, and if you trust Gorilla Glass to prevent all scratches. The technology isn't perfected as yet, and although it's pretty good, are you really certain it's going to do the job without any other protection? I have a Motorola Razr HD and it has Gorilla Glass, but it did pick up a small hairline scratch along the way. I haven't had any other scratches  since using the liquid protector I'm using now. 

The Lumia 1020 has Gorilla Glass 3 - I'm not sure if that's any better than the Gorilla Glass 2 on my 920 though.  So far (touch wood), I've not had any scratches on the screen, but I have some minor ones on the body.

Can you put these liquid protectors on the phone body, or are they purely for the screen?

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you can put them on the phone the instructions tell you to just obviously be careful around ports
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

I'm using one called Liquid Armor, which you can find on Amazon. So far it seems to be doing the job well. I haven't noticed any scratches since applying it about two weeks ago, but I'm reasonably careful with my phone anyway.  

The one I bought came with four individual sachets. These have the liquid in them and an applicator. You just put the liquid on, spread it over the screen and let it sit for ten minutes. You can then buff the screen with the included microfiber cloth. I actually didn't buff it for 24 hours to let it 'cure', which is suggested in the instructions.

I don't think you can guarantee that it will prevent ANY scratch, as the OP has asked, but this one is doing a good job as far as I can tell. It hasn't affected the touch sensitivity of the screen either. You're meant to use one sachet every six months, so theoretically this purchase should last two years.

Hope this helps.

Is this what you are using? http://amzn.to/1ioX5t8

Also what's the difference between the Dynaflo one you use and the Crystalusion Liquid Glass Protection http://amzn.to/1euGIKX ?

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm bumping this thread as I need a response before going ahead and purchasing.
Message 10 of 13