cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused about my latest bill.  Total £24.60 itemised bill is broken down as follows:- Tariff charge £15.20, monthly extras -£1.67 = £13.53  + things I have bought £2.37 = £15.90 in my calculations.  They say, £20.90 + VAT £3.70 = £24.60.  Sorry but I don't understandwhy is it £24.60 and not £15.90? £5 difference.  Please advise.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Confused about my latest bill.  Total £24.60 itemised bill is broken down as follows:- Tariff charge £15.20, monthly extras -£1.67 = £13.53  + things I have bought £2.37 = £15.90 in my calculations.  They say, £20.90 + VAT £3.70 = £24.60.  Sorry but I don't understandwhy is it £24.60 and not £15.90? £5 difference.  Please advise.

Without looking at your bill (and if I did that I'd get into a fair bit of trouble as I deal with Inbound not Online), I couldn't see if that was Premium SMS charges/Purchases, internet access or otherwise... if it was ProRATA it wouldn't come up like that as "Things I have bought"...

I'd advise speaking with Customer Services in the first instance and get them to see what our end says.. sometimes our section of billing tells us a little more than customers does in these cases.

Also...

£15.90 is your tariff charge minus VAT ...

As an example: Contract of a Monthly Price at £18.19 is -- £15.16 Tariff Charge(s) + VAT (£3.03)

In your bill case: Contract of a Monthly Price at £18.24 is -- £15.20 Tariff Charge(s) + VAT (£3.04) - this is your monthly bill (or what it should be) - reading what you've put.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you just joined o2 or been a customer for a while?
First bills can be a little more than expected due to covering more than the standard month.
Have you signed up to any premium text services, or purchased anything through an app?
Failing that you would need to contact customer services on 202 to go through the bill with you.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Looks like you have made calls outside your allowance and maybe even roaming data if you have been outside of UK.
If you call CS on 202 they will tell you exactly what the charges are.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Without looking at your bill (and if I did that I'd get into a fair bit of trouble as I deal with Inbound not Online), I couldn't see if that was Premium SMS charges/Purchases, internet access or otherwise... if it was ProRATA it wouldn't come up like that as "Things I have bought"...

I'd advise speaking with Customer Services in the first instance and get them to see what our end says.. sometimes our section of billing tells us a little more than customers does in these cases.

Also...

£15.90 is your tariff charge minus VAT ...

As an example: Contract of a Monthly Price at £18.19 is -- £15.16 Tariff Charge(s) + VAT (£3.03)

In your bill case: Contract of a Monthly Price at £18.24 is -- £15.20 Tariff Charge(s) + VAT (£3.04) - this is your monthly bill (or what it should be) - reading what you've put.

Message 4 of 4