O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Other Devices (Nokia, Blackberry, etc)

Level 1: Joiner
zmann

Is 100mb enough for light use as I'll mostly be using wifi?

I don't think I'll be using it much just for messenger probably. Can I use the wifi at home for it? Can I change my data bolt on if it's not enough. Many thanks
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Bellablue

Re: Is 100mb enough for light use as I'll mostly be using wi

yes it should be. Keep away from streaming media though. O2's smallest data package for Blackberry is 500mb anyway I think.
Unlike on other phones Blackberries compress data so you use much less than on any other brand of phone.
You should also be good to go for wifi at home as well :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
sheepdog
Topics: 14
Kudos: 151
Solutions: 35

As above, stay away from the data hoggers like youtube other than wifi but you'll find 100MB is ample for a lot of things inc. light web browsing. If you're unsure of your usage, look for an app called Mobile Data alerter.
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Beaufighter

Bellablue is mistaken, you can buy the 100mb bolt on for Blackberry if that is what you need.
Please use plain text.
Owler

I know I am a tad off topic, but thanks sheepdog for alerting us to Mobile Data Alerter. I have just downloaded it out of interest rather than anything, but it seems a really useful tool to determine data usage, and thereby tariff.
Also very interesting to see just how effective BlackBerry data compression is!
Please use plain text.
YorkieRay

I have a programme called Network Traffic Control on my BlackBerry and it tells me that I have used 68MB on 3G since 1 Aug. MyO2 tells me that I have used just 5MB since 26Jul. That's BB data compression for you. I'm using email, web browser, Facebook, Twitter, BBM and a couple of installed apps.
My message to the OP is to get the 100MB package, avoid streaming and app downloads whilst out and about, then make use of wifi whenever you can.
Please use plain text.
jeffrey4670

Hi, I moved to BB 100mb data on the 1st August and since then I have used 3mb of data
I have not used the Internet on my BB, but lots of emails and contacts & calendar sync.
The Internet on the BB is not good for media. Jeff
Please use plain text.