O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 2: Apprentice
sorethumbs

Internet on mobile - age verification

My unlimited web bolt on for my nokia 5800 has been working fine, now since 1st dec i get redirected to O2 age verification page with option to verify age by credit card to turn off parental control. Problems start here

1) You can verify your age by credit card - i only have debit card so it failed
2) Ring the age verification number 61018 - This then says 'Sorry we cannot establish which setting your phone has in place at the moment'- failed
3) Do it online at the parental control part of the website, put in your mobile number, wait to receive a text with a code, put that online and then get 'Sorry we cannot establish which setting your phone has in place at the moment'- failed
4) Ring O2, they didn't seem to even know about age verification. Had to explain where it was on the site and directed them to it. Then they couldn't help any further than what i'd tried already.

Last option is to go into an O2 shop to verify my age - not sure what they will do when i've tried everything else.

Anyone had any similar problems and resolved it?
Please use plain text.
Badger906

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 3g. my Internet works but google images doesn't load the images all I get is a ? And websites like facebook tke me to the age verification site. I rang o2 and was passed from one person to the next but they seemed to have never heard of the issue
Please use plain text.
sorethumbs

Have you tried verifying via any of the methods i've tried?

I also get error on google images (not a ? mark but just an 'cannot be displayed' type picture symbol)

I rang again this morning and again a different woman said oh not heard of age verification thing, then sah said she'd pass it onto some admin dept to have the my parental control removed as i'd confirmed my DOB over the phone, could take 2 days to process. So from saying knowing nothing about it to saying she'd get it removed i'm a bit puzzled as to whether it'll actually get done anyway.
Please use plain text.
Badger906

I was told the same thing. The woman told me that she would remove the 18+ verification but it's not worked. I was told to reset all the settings ect but then saw ur post and told them I wasn't the only one. Iv also tried it with 3g off ect... Still the same. It seems to just be image sites I think as random websites iv tried after googling random words such as abc seem to work
Please use plain text.
sorethumbs

I've had a reply to my email via the O2 help to remove my 18+ settings, which said
---------------------------------
Thanks for replying us about accessing internet on your phone. I'm sorry to know that whenever you're trying to browse the internet, you're redirected to the age verification form. I can imagine such a thing can be really frustrating. Don't worry, let me see what best I can do for you.

I've checked your account and see that it's active. There're no bars and parental control placed on your account. There might a technical problem with the service. I'd request you to try accessing the internet after 24 to 48 hours. The issue should be resolved by then.
-----------------------------------
I've also reset my phone to see if that makes any difference but it hasn't (just the pain of redoing my profiles etc now)

Beginning to give up
Please use plain text.
Badger906

I tried the same. I contacted my brother who's got the same phone n same contract deal and his is fine. It may be a localised thing. I'm in the cambs area n he's 40 odd miles away.
Please use plain text.
sorethumbs

Well if you get it sorted please let me know on here, i'll do likewise.

Maybe its just a glitch
Please use plain text.
Badger906

Just recieved a txt from o2 saying I'm age verified... But still getting ?'s on most images.
Please use plain text.
Badger906

Got mine working now. I went to an o2 shop n they guy went through what to do. It sounds odd but it works. He said go into wifi and turn it on. And continue as if ur connecting via cloud, it asks for ur number u type it in and continue, then turn off ur wifi, and some how that resets it all and normal GPRS/3g will work and u get images lol...
Please use plain text.
sorethumbs

oh well done

not sure how i do that on my phone, i use wi-fi at home but use the o2 mobile connection when at work, maybe i need to go to a shop too
Please use plain text.