cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-App purchases Windows Phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had issues with this? My daughter has been able to spend £26 on bloody gold bars and rubbish from games even though I have a pin set up to prevent this. The pin simply blocks purchasing paid apps but in app purchases are going through fine.

I contacted Microsoft about this who said yep the feature isn't working but they can't refund me as its billed automactically to my operator O2. They suggested contacting O2 which I did, who told me to turn the internet of and ask them to stop doing it I mean really! But thats O2 for you anyway, Useless.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Microsoft should be the ones who refund you. O2 are not charging you, merely passing on the charges by Microsoft.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Microsoft should be the ones who refund you. O2 are not charging you, merely passing on the charges by Microsoft.

Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If it's a charge to mobile fee you can ask for the feature to be turned off on the account.
Otherwise there's not much else o2 can do.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 didn't bill you, the company your daughter purchased from did, not a good idea handing a Pay Monthly phone to a youngster who does not know what happens when it's used this way.

With Pay and Go this can't happen.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

It can't happen on Android or iPhone either.

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Your issue is with Microsoft mate, not O2......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, I will go back to MS. In saying the O2's attittude didn't help either. "Oh ask them to stop doing it" Now why didn't I think of that? Silly old me.

Message 7 of 13

terminusaquo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is IAP protection in Windows Phone and Microsoft was the first to implement it, in the Wallet settings there's a check box that reads "Use your Wallet PIN to protect your music, app and in-app purchases".

As others have stated though you need to speak to Microsoft for a refund.

Message 8 of 13

terminusaquo
  • 24 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@terminusaquo wrote:

There is IAP protection in Windows Phone and Microsoft was the first to implement it, in the Wallet settings there's a check box that reads "Use your Wallet PIN to protect your music, app and in-app purchases".

As others have stated though you need to speak to Microsoft for a refund.

I would also add that as well as that check box you could set up Kids Corner and only let your daughter have access to certain apps.

I agree that the response you got from O2 was extremely useless though.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right OK was onto MS again who escalated it. I got this reply

This is Salvatore from Microsoft Service Support.

I have received the answer from our senior team. It will be necessary to contact your mobile phone operator and ask them to refund you.

In order to avoid unwanted inapp purchases, it will be necessary to check  the option "Use Wallet PIN to protect music, app, and in-app purchases" as indicated in the link below:

I spoke to O2 again and got this reply

I can see that the purchases had been made from your phone. But as the purchases were made from your phone it can't be refunded. Because the charges are valid.

So thats that then, Got the big middle finger.

Message 10 of 13