cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My trusty Nokia 515 has served me well utd ..... but ..... tbh I'd like a bigger screen ..... as ..... I take fairish amount of photos from the phone ..... don't use my digital camera for owt, its in its box in the bureaux ..... = ..... just sooooo hit & miss using it ..... not foolproof like my old trusty Ricoh, which was Camera of the Year once upon a time slight_smile

I've been browsing O2 website, the new real cat of O2, well got tearful about it, way to go WhiteRealPussCat, whose name I just can't remember atm ..... but ..... just luvved the manufactured hybrid cat, as @Cleoriff would say ie CatsHead with a DogsBody tee hee hee ..... he / she / it strutted its stuff like John Travolta did in Saturday Night Fever in time to the music in neon light ..... yep ..... BeMoreDog ..... & ..... Sexy Sean Bean hasn't been dropped (he's the voice of O2)

Back to subject ..... I have checked My O2 & found I have £40 to pay off the device, which is do-able ..... & ..... £12:50 ish per month is also fine ..... bit worried when checking up on asterisked notes eg I'd need to take out new insurance when up-grading ..... wtf ..... does this mean like my house insurance contents? ..... I separately? don't / never have taken out special insurance to cover a mobile phone, even though I'd come a cropper with contact etc, yep I know I've mentioned this before, & you people say @MI5 have advised me on backing up contacts on mobile phone, but utd I havn't done it ..... & ..... kinda still think that atm I could manage to do it by hand ie in my address book (paper type, used with black gel pen)

Whaddya think re: above  ^^^^^   ^^^^^   ^^^^^

I'm mindful of, not pressing the 'buy now' which I could sooooo easily do, & yep I could also drop into town's O2 shop early doors tomorrow, Saturday, before the crowds descend upon Skipton, & before the O2 shop gets busy

thank you

WispaRed7 Cat

All That Glitters is Not Gold Cat Very Happy

Simples

Message 1 of 401
400 REPLIES 400

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all for the above replies

Message 71 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just noticed your post Jane....:smileywink:

Hope to see you in Wantys tomorrow  ...as its a bit late now?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 401

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
If you have set up a Microsoft account, all your photos and videos you take with the phone will be backed up to your One Drive.
All this and other stuff can be accessed from here https://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/my

@MI5 I just can't see where to begin, sorry ..... the last time I went into the town's O2 shop where all 5 staff were doing nothing I got no smiles / greeting or anything approaching good customer care, I feel too intimidated to go there again atm

I just want to view my photos transferred from my old phone, print off a few, & save to disk at the photo shop in town

Can you help me please

Message 74 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

a general question:

is it normal for the phone's charger to get very hot in this warm weather?

Message 75 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Is it the charger that came with the phone Jane? How long do you keep it on charge and where in the room do you charge it?

It isn't usually normal for a charger to get very hot unless

1) It's faulty

2) You are charging in an area in glare of the sun....

Not sure if anyone else has anything to add...but the only time my charger got hot in years of using mobiles...it was a faulty cable.....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not get a new charger with the phone ..... the salesman in the O2 shop said my old charger would fit, which it does

I've not noticed it getting hot before

I don't charge it in the sun, usually in my room or the kitchen

I keep it on charge until it has charged fully

but I will admit if charging at night, I keep it on until the morning

other things in the house are getting hot too eg my laptop (inbuilt mouse area) & my clock radio

Message 77 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Jane...if you wanted my advice (because I have a 'thing' about chargers)...as this is an old charger... I would get a new one. There would be no doubt in my mind about this wink

You need to make sure it is a genuine approved charger for a Nokia 635. I am sure one of the lads can find a link for one. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 401

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Get a 2amp charger.
Your old one will be 1amp which will get hotter and take longer to charge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 79 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Get a 2amp charger.
Your old one will be 1amp which will get hotter and take longer to charge.

And there you have it....^^^^^^^

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 80 of 401