cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My trusty Nokia 515 has served me well utd ..... but ..... tbh I'd like a bigger screen ..... as ..... I take fairish amount of photos from the phone ..... don't use my digital camera for owt, its in its box in the bureaux ..... = ..... just sooooo hit & miss using it ..... not foolproof like my old trusty Ricoh, which was Camera of the Year once upon a time slight_smile

I've been browsing O2 website, the new real cat of O2, well got tearful about it, way to go WhiteRealPussCat, whose name I just can't remember atm ..... but ..... just luvved the manufactured hybrid cat, as @Cleoriff would say ie CatsHead with a DogsBody tee hee hee ..... he / she / it strutted its stuff like John Travolta did in Saturday Night Fever in time to the music in neon light ..... yep ..... BeMoreDog ..... & ..... Sexy Sean Bean hasn't been dropped (he's the voice of O2)

Back to subject ..... I have checked My O2 & found I have £40 to pay off the device, which is do-able ..... & ..... £12:50 ish per month is also fine ..... bit worried when checking up on asterisked notes eg I'd need to take out new insurance when up-grading ..... wtf ..... does this mean like my house insurance contents? ..... I separately? don't / never have taken out special insurance to cover a mobile phone, even though I'd come a cropper with contact etc, yep I know I've mentioned this before, & you people say @MI5 have advised me on backing up contacts on mobile phone, but utd I havn't done it ..... & ..... kinda still think that atm I could manage to do it by hand ie in my address book (paper type, used with black gel pen)

Whaddya think re: above  ^^^^^   ^^^^^   ^^^^^

I'm mindful of, not pressing the 'buy now' which I could sooooo easily do, & yep I could also drop into town's O2 shop early doors tomorrow, Saturday, before the crowds descend upon Skipton, & before the O2 shop gets busy

thank you

WispaRed7 Cat

All That Glitters is Not Gold Cat Very Happy

Simples

Message 1 of 401
400 REPLIES 400

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an 0800 number which keeps ringing me, then when I answer the phone, it is quiet

Please can you tell me how to block that number, or point me to a thread

thank you

If it goes quiet Jane you can be almost certain it is some sort of scam...They dial a random selection of numbers all at once...you pick up and it takes them a few seconds to 'connect' to you and talk. My 0800 numbers usually purport to know all about 'the issues with my PC' Most I ignore but occasionally when brassed off with them I ask 'what PC?' or I tell them my husband works for Microsoft and I don't need their help thank you'.....

My son (who has even less patience than me)...uses a high pitched whistle...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 61 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an 0800 number which keeps ringing me, then when I answer the phone, it is quiet

Please can you tell me how to block that number, or point me to a thread

thank you

If you give us the full number we might be able to work out who it is and whether it harmful or not.

thanks @perksie the number is 08000116579

Message 62 of 401

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Can't find anything on Google for it so it must be a new one they've made up to get round all the previously used blocked numbers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 63 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I found google saying 'it wasnt high risk'...but no-one seemed to know who it was...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 64 of 401

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
That's why it's got a low classification, because there's no info for it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 65 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
That's why it's got a low classification, because there's no info for it.

Guessed as much Mr Tardis...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 401

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Just didn't want anyone to think that it was ok to answer it wink

Currently using:
Message 67 of 401

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Yep...block em all....Drum

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 69 of 401

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If you give us the full number we might be able to work out who it is and whether it harmful or not.

thanks @perksie the number is 08000116579

As you only have the number and not the company name, try reporting it via the ICO here: https://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=138312369469

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 70 of 401