cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My trusty Nokia 515 has served me well utd ..... but ..... tbh I'd like a bigger screen ..... as ..... I take fairish amount of photos from the phone ..... don't use my digital camera for owt, its in its box in the bureaux ..... = ..... just sooooo hit & miss using it ..... not foolproof like my old trusty Ricoh, which was Camera of the Year once upon a time slight_smile

I've been browsing O2 website, the new real cat of O2, well got tearful about it, way to go WhiteRealPussCat, whose name I just can't remember atm ..... but ..... just luvved the manufactured hybrid cat, as @Cleoriff would say ie CatsHead with a DogsBody tee hee hee ..... he / she / it strutted its stuff like John Travolta did in Saturday Night Fever in time to the music in neon light ..... yep ..... BeMoreDog ..... & ..... Sexy Sean Bean hasn't been dropped (he's the voice of O2)

Back to subject ..... I have checked My O2 & found I have £40 to pay off the device, which is do-able ..... & ..... £12:50 ish per month is also fine ..... bit worried when checking up on asterisked notes eg I'd need to take out new insurance when up-grading ..... wtf ..... does this mean like my house insurance contents? ..... I separately? don't / never have taken out special insurance to cover a mobile phone, even though I'd come a cropper with contact etc, yep I know I've mentioned this before, & you people say @MI5 have advised me on backing up contacts on mobile phone, but utd I havn't done it ..... & ..... kinda still think that atm I could manage to do it by hand ie in my address book (paper type, used with black gel pen)

Whaddya think re: above  ^^^^^   ^^^^^   ^^^^^

I'm mindful of, not pressing the 'buy now' which I could sooooo easily do, & yep I could also drop into town's O2 shop early doors tomorrow, Saturday, before the crowds descend upon Skipton, & before the O2 shop gets busy

thank you

WispaRed7 Cat

All That Glitters is Not Gold Cat Very Happy

Simples

Message 1 of 401
400 REPLIES 400

Anonymous
Not applicable

just to update

I did take out £6 per month phone insurance when in store, as was advised by O2 staff instore, I have a 14 day period of grace ..... I have an appointment at my bank tomorrow ..... have managed to find paperwork & it seems tech items are covered in or out of the house ..... but ..... for things such as this I need someone to confirm, as I'm not much good with t & c's & smallprint ..... & ..... the buck / book does stop here so-to-speak

I also need to go into O2 store, to find out where my photos are ..... one of the staff put 'them all on the mobile' as some were on sim (about 100)  apparently some were on phone (whatever that means) ..... I was about to put photos onto disk at photo shop, then clear them off old mobile Don't know

Message 41 of 401

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you have set up a Microsoft account, all your photos and videos you take with the phone will be backed up to your One Drive.
All this and other stuff can be accessed from here https://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/my
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
If you have set up a Microsoft account, all your photos and videos you take with the phone will be backed up to your One Drive.
All this and other stuff can be accessed from here https://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/my

thank you MI5, plenty for me to go at there 

don't know if a Microsoft account has been set up for me, when in O2 store buying phone

will call in store tomorrow & ask

sorry to be so much a novice re: my 1st smartphone

Thanks!

Message 43 of 401

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Easy enough to do yourself Jane and you can use your existing email account http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-live/sign-up-create-account-how
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 44 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AnonymousPlease don't apologise for being a novice. I still class myself as 'technically challenged'...but with a place like this and the help that is given so freely it is a pleasure to learn. I may have to ask the same question a few times before 'I get it' but no-one seems to mind. I wont ever apply to Try the Tech (what a joke that would be) LOL ...but I enjoy reading and learning from every review wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Easy enough to do yourself Jane and you can use your existing email account http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-live/sign-up-create-account-how

am looking into this MI5 as the lads in the O2 store set up an outlook account, for them to do something in store for me that I'd find difficult to do on my own at home ..... still looking at the blue link you put up, thank you

Message 46 of 401

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
That should be it done then already.
Sign in on the first link I gave you with the outlook account details.

Currently using:
Message 47 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks MI5, I've had a little look at this, & will do more tomorrow slight_smile
Message 48 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
thanks MI5, I've had a little look at this, & will do more tomorrow slight_smile

Just like me Jane...baby steps...a bit at a time...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

got a few things sorted out at the O2 store in town, as few baby steps as I could manage at any rate, from the other thread I posted in off-topic: Silly Smartphone Question = I now know I did not make 14 calls yesterday to a certain number, it was the tally since I bought the phone, which would be 12 days ago, it seems to take more time to find the minutes left on my account by ringing 202, rather than before by sending a blank text to 20202, & getting a quick reply, likewise I used to frequently send a photo with a text on my old Nokia 515, whereas now I don't think I've sent a text + photo successfully yet, & after reading on the forum that a smilie can take up more pixils than maybe thought, what would a photo take, which is bigger than on my old phone, am trying hard not to compare & hark back to my old phone, but to embrace the tech of the new smartphone I have ..... don't like this little box to type in, no emoticons as well, ah well desormais (motto on castellations of the town's castle)

Message 50 of 401