cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My trusty Nokia 515 has served me well utd ..... but ..... tbh I'd like a bigger screen ..... as ..... I take fairish amount of photos from the phone ..... don't use my digital camera for owt, its in its box in the bureaux ..... = ..... just sooooo hit & miss using it ..... not foolproof like my old trusty Ricoh, which was Camera of the Year once upon a time slight_smile

I've been browsing O2 website, the new real cat of O2, well got tearful about it, way to go WhiteRealPussCat, whose name I just can't remember atm ..... but ..... just luvved the manufactured hybrid cat, as @Cleoriff would say ie CatsHead with a DogsBody tee hee hee ..... he / she / it strutted its stuff like John Travolta did in Saturday Night Fever in time to the music in neon light ..... yep ..... BeMoreDog ..... & ..... Sexy Sean Bean hasn't been dropped (he's the voice of O2)

Back to subject ..... I have checked My O2 & found I have £40 to pay off the device, which is do-able ..... & ..... £12:50 ish per month is also fine ..... bit worried when checking up on asterisked notes eg I'd need to take out new insurance when up-grading ..... wtf ..... does this mean like my house insurance contents? ..... I separately? don't / never have taken out special insurance to cover a mobile phone, even though I'd come a cropper with contact etc, yep I know I've mentioned this before, & you people say @MI5 have advised me on backing up contacts on mobile phone, but utd I havn't done it ..... & ..... kinda still think that atm I could manage to do it by hand ie in my address book (paper type, used with black gel pen)

Whaddya think re: above  ^^^^^   ^^^^^   ^^^^^

I'm mindful of, not pressing the 'buy now' which I could sooooo easily do, & yep I could also drop into town's O2 shop early doors tomorrow, Saturday, before the crowds descend upon Skipton, & before the O2 shop gets busy

thank you

WispaRed7 Cat

All That Glitters is Not Gold Cat Very Happy

Simples

Message 1 of 401
400 REPLIES 400

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
Is the wifi still on jane?
Do you see any other icons at the top?

3 icons at top of phone 

bar symbol showin strength of phone signal

fan symbol

& rectangular one with horizontal line inside it

all in top left hand corner of phone screen

thank you, I'm panicking a bit again slight_frown

Message 201 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Try switching the phone off and back on and it should reconnect to wifi or give you the option to connect.

I have switched phone off & on again, no apparent change

Message 202 of 401

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sounds like a router issue - turn your wifi router off and on again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 203 of 401

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

there's is only one arrow flashing ie outwards from the curve of the fan symbol

I'd agree with MI5 - definitely sounds like a router issue.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 204 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Sounds like a router issue - turn your wifi router off and on again.

I've done that @MI5 but no apparent change ... ... ... when trying to get on fb it just says as before: We can't refresh the News Feed right now. Try again in a few minutes

I'm messaging you via my laptop ... ... ... does that info help?

Now a different message ... ... ... We're having trouble getting data

I'm really worried about all of this slight_frown

Message 205 of 401

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Well I guess your wifi is working OK if the laptop is connecting, so the next step is to "forget" the wifi connection on the phone and set it up again.
Just long press on the connection name and forget it then reconnect, entering your password again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 206 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Well I guess your wifi is working OK if the laptop is connecting, so the next step is to "forget" the wifi connection on the phone and set it up again.
Just long press on the connection name and forget it then reconnect, entering your password again.

@MI5 You Are A SuperStar Happy Dance

Yes, Facebook & Cortana now working ... ... ... phew

I've been out to a place this evening & my phone worked on their WiFi alright

Thand you very much MI5 ... ... ... I raise my glass to you slight_smile

Message 207 of 401

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
All part of the service:)

Currently using:
Message 208 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
All part of the service:)

Yeah...true that....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 209 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm on my phone as laptop 💻 in for a 'tidy up' for 2 days or so ... regarding sending a new text where recipient is not on a text thread:- how do I go about it please? I get in a muddle & end up calling instead of texting, then its a fast panic to end call, thank you for any advice
Message 210 of 401