O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Other Devices (Nokia, Blackberry, etc)

Level 1: Joiner
lexoram

I bought a blackberry on PAYG and can't get it to work prope

I bought a blackberry on PAYG and can't get it to work properly...

- BB messenger won't work (I've added people and they say they have received nothing but I've gopt pending on my end)
-I cannot use browser at all, even when connected to wifi
-The appstore works, but oinly if i'm connected to wifi.

I'm on the old Text and Web service if that helps, the one where you get unlimited texts for £10 and unlimited texts and web for £15, and have topped up enough to get unlimited texts but not unlimited web.

Its a blackberry curve 8520
Please use plain text.
p2h5

I *believe* that BlackBerry doesn't work on O2 on PAYG..you have to get a contract to be able to use full BlackBerry features, like BB Messenger and email delivery. You need more than just internet access on your plan..you need to be connected to the Blackberry Internet Service, which is different from internet access on other phones, and is only offered on contracts specifically for BlackBerry's.

You don't have to get a 12 month contract though... check out the O2 Simplicity - BlackBerry tariffs. They're not expensive and you can cancel with one month's notice. Alternatively, some other networks (e.g. T-Mobile) do have PAYG BlackBerry solutions, which let you connect to the BlackBerry Internet Service without a monthly contract, but I don't think O2 does.
Please use plain text.
wanty
Topics: 5
Kudos: 76
Solutions: 34

You do need to be on contract for it I'm afraid. Have a look at the simo deals, on a 12m contract you can get 300 minutes/unlimited texts and unlimited blackberry internet and email. :smileyhappy:
Come say "hi" and have a chat and a virtual pint with the other O2 forum members here!
I work for O2 but any comments and opinions I post here are solely my own and do not reflect those of O2 or Telefónica.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
victoria83

[ Edited ]
Blackberry is only available to use on PAYT with Tmobile or Orange. As mentioned above you need the blackerry data bolt on not the ordinary web bolt on.

I have just moved from O2 pay as you go to O2 simplicity so I can use it with my Blackberry. I get 300 anytime minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited blackberry for £10 per month (12 month contract). However there is a 30 day contract for £15 per month but with less minutes, 100 anytime minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited Blackberry.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity ... /12_months

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity ... ry/1_month
Please use plain text.
cilla

hey guys i have the exact problem, bought with an orange sim now use with a previous o2 sim & net etc doesn't work on my 8520
Please use plain text.
Olina

So if I want to use the internet via BIS, that will be free?
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
giamburrasca

Once you've paid for your BB bolt-on, then yes, internet access will be free, but now probably limited to 500mb
Please use plain text.