cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help accessing 4G for Nokia Lumia 735

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. i just bought a Nokia Lumia 735 and it's all set up and good to go, then I go through the '4G Setup Procedure' for new sims and everytime there is a tick beside all the requirements: A phone that works on 4g, a 4g ready tariff and the latest 4g software on your phone. There is however each time I try, a question mark beside 'a 4g sim' and it is definitely a 4g sim - i even checked the code on it and it begins with 4g. I tried the Gurus, but the guy just told me to manually change the internet settings which I did and it made no difference. If anyone could shed any light it would be great. Cheers, Dave.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Have you tried this?

Edit: I "stole" this from 3 so replace that with O2 wink

To enable or disable 4G on your phone:

1. From the homescreen, slide to the left to open the menu

1. Tap Settings

1. Tap mobile + SIM

1. Tap Highest connection speed

1. If you want to use 4G, tap it. If you just want to connect to our 3G network, just tap 3G

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No need to go through set up as long as you have a 4g tariff, sim and phone, just text the word "active" to 2020 and save the settings that get sent back.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Silly question but is 4G available in your area? Check here http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Have you tried this?

Edit: I "stole" this from 3 so replace that with O2 wink

To enable or disable 4G on your phone:

1. From the homescreen, slide to the left to open the menu

1. Tap Settings

1. Tap mobile + SIM

1. Tap Highest connection speed

1. If you want to use 4G, tap it. If you just want to connect to our 3G network, just tap 3G

Message 4 of 4