cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 (Windows Phone 8.1)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any information regarding if and when this model of the M8 is due to release in the UK?

I'm not a fan of the Nokia styling and they are the only options available at the moment from O2, so I'd rather stick with my Ativ S (despite a cracked screen) until a suitable replacement becomes available.

On that note does anyone know of any other nice Windows Phones on the horizon?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

HTC have finally confirmed this device is not coming to the UK so I it's time for an import and an unlock if I can get my hands on one without a darn Verizon logo! =P

Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right I have some info for you after finally managing to get this phone!

Since it won't be released here the only option is buying from the US so this is where I found it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTC-One-M8-32GB-Gunmetal-Gray-Factory-Unlocked-Windows-Android-Smartphon-e-f...

The one I received was an unlocked, refurbed AT&T model so it does have the logo on the back of it but fortunately no written branding. It came in mint condition and everything works perfectly after setting the APNs, even 4G.

You'll need to pay $70 import duty on top of the asking price but it is still a remarkably good bargain in my opinion.

Message 22 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If everything works and you are happy with it that's all that matters. Great price too.

Message 23 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I agree...If you know what you are doing and have the phone sorted to your satisfaction...then you have got yourself a good deal..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 26

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well done.... Hard work for a phone though wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 26

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 26 of 26