cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 (Windows Phone 8.1)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any information regarding if and when this model of the M8 is due to release in the UK?

I'm not a fan of the Nokia styling and they are the only options available at the moment from O2, so I'd rather stick with my Ativ S (despite a cracked screen) until a suitable replacement becomes available.

On that note does anyone know of any other nice Windows Phones on the horizon?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
If you can get one unlocked (or unlock it) it will work in the UK.
AT&T use the same frequencies as we do here in UK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know, thanks very much for your input MI5!

😃

Message 12 of 26

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Let us know if you get one.
I'm back in love with my AtivS since the 8.1 update so the M8 would be a possibility for me too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure will do slight_smile
Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still nothing from O2 on this phone... =P

Message 15 of 26

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Still not seen any mention of it in UK at all yet.....?

Currently using:
Message 16 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was very interested in this phone also as i was not really a fan off Nokia, did research into phone contacted HTC and the such like and was told that HTC one M8 was not coming to UK. Only answer was to get phone from Spain and get phone unlocked .... I decided this was not really worth it so tock the plunge and upgraded to Lumia 930 ........ (Big intake of breath) ..... Was best thing i ever did, the Lumia phone is trully awesome, build quality is second to none as good as HTC and Camera is ten times better quality. Good luck if you are holding out for this phone let us know how you get on would love to know if it has been worth the wait ........

Message 17 of 26

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It would have to be some seriously nice phone to beat a 930.....

Currently using:
Message 18 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I Concur whole heartly the 930 is an awesome phone ......

Message 19 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Too big and uncomfortable to hold, plus I find the general design of Nokia phones quite tacky these days. Also I'm just looking for a phone with a decent browser (although with bloody terrible responsive design these days the latter is becoming rather pointless), not a camera! wink

Seriously though I'm not one for big, bold and colourful... I like sleek, discrete and elegant. This is why my Windows Phone history is... HTC HD7 > Samsung Ativ S > HTC One Mx?

Message 20 of 26