cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC HD7 - Windows Phone 7.8 Update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Does anyone have any indication if or when O2 are going to release this update for HD7?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was tempted by that utility but Googling it reveals that several people have had problems with it.

There can be problems with the language packs, but I found that selecting them all solved that. I have used the restore (to deal with the language pack problem), and it was fine, so I'm confused by that information.

@Anonymous wrote:

I tell you  something though: In the future I will always buy unbranded phones. 

It's crazy reallly that some providers hold back on the updates like this. It's unnecessary, as the unbranded update timing shows. I don't understand why the providers don't see that they are harming themselves with this "controlling" behaviour.

I believe Carphone Warehouse usually issue unlocked/unbranded phones, regardless of the SIM-provider, so that may be a way to go.

Message 31 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chatted with O2 "guru" - yeah, right - and they were adamant that the WP7.8 upgrade for the HD7 has been approved and will be available via Zune "at some point"; I couldn't wait - I used "SevenEighter" and it has worked like a charm! About 4-5 updates, took around 10-15 mins, all you have to do is select the correct language(s) and Bob's yer uncle!

Message 32 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had the 8779 update one the same day. Just got an update alert and now updating to 7.10.8858.136 which is WP 7.8.  It updated to 8783 first from 8779.

Message 33 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

...and it didn't stop there.  Two more updates to 7.10.8862.144. Now running O2 branded WP7.8.  Thanks o2, got there in the end!

Message 34 of 34