cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 8x GDR2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi O2

It’s now a week since HTC released GDR2 for the 8x.

When do you think you will be releasing it for the O2 branded ones.

Regards,

Steve  

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm afraid I dont know.

Perhaps contact 02 via the email route and they may surprise you !

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm afraid I dont know.

Perhaps contact 02 via the email route and they may surprise you !

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi O2

It’s now a week since HTC released GDR2 for the 8x.

When do you think you will be releasing it for the O2 branded ones.

Regards,

Steve  

I don't want to sound smug since my unlocked 8x on O2 has been updated. But there's nothing in this update that brings any new features or meets long-standing requests for improvements to existing features.

Besides the re-inroduction of the FM radio, the only other noticeable change that I've found so far is the ability to set the default camera app, which doesn't let me select anything other than the default.  Presumably all the third party apps will have to update their code to support it.  There's no sign of DataSense, no Visual Voicemail, no custom tones for SMS/Alarm/Voicemail/E-mail, no separation of volume for media and tones, nothing to talk about really. 

It's a sizable update so I guess there's lots of under-the-hood teaks and bug fixes that you never knew existed but you're not missing anything by waiting extra weeks to get it.

I have had some problems with it.  I can no longer use Internet Sharing for some reason and the system is more laggy than before, particularly when viewing Storage properties.  I haven't noticed any problems with the reported music & bricked devices and my 'Other' storage is still well over 4GB in size so no change there either.  Very disappointing.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to know when this is coming too please
Message 4 of 4