cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free £20 MS voucher with Lumia phone... can't spend the darn thing?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Lumia 1020 from O2 came with a £20 gift voucher which I redeemed and can see in my wallet under "Microsoft Account". But when I bought music through XBox store, it wouldn't let me pick this. However I can buy an app using this account.

If my £20 is limited to apps rather than content, they might as well have not bothered... I'd struggle to find £20 of apps I wanted to buy! Is this the situation or is there a way I can redeem my Microsoft money to buy content from Microsoft?!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

The £20 gift voucher was a Nokia promotion, not an O2 promotion.

Nokia were running the promotion whereby if you purchased a Nokia Lumia 1020, 925, 625 or 1520 between the 15th of November 2013 and the 15th January 2014 you could claim for £20 to spend on apps in the Windows Phone Store. 

This was in the terms and conditions of the offer, so unfortunately it's always been the case that the £20 could only be used for apps.

It might surprise you what apps you might find that you now decide you want to pay for just because its free money! wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

The £20 gift voucher was a Nokia promotion, not an O2 promotion.

Nokia were running the promotion whereby if you purchased a Nokia Lumia 1020, 925, 625 or 1520 between the 15th of November 2013 and the 15th January 2014 you could claim for £20 to spend on apps in the Windows Phone Store. 

This was in the terms and conditions of the offer, so unfortunately it's always been the case that the £20 could only be used for apps.

It might surprise you what apps you might find that you now decide you want to pay for just because its free money! wink

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I don't play games on my phone but since it runs out at the end of August I guess I'll just go crazy and buy stuff rather than waste the money slight_smile

Since I have the 1020, maybe there are add-on camera apps worth getting?
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree you might as well use it than lose it.

slight_smile
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

just to let you know it may say only apps but i used it to buy a game on my xbox one so it can be used for other things than apps on your phone hope this helps.

Message 5 of 7

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I can also be used in the Microsoft Store on Windows 8 for apps on that platform and the offer was still in force when I bought the Lumia 625 to the end of April.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a reminder that this credit from the voucher expires on September 2nd 2014...as per the email you should've received in your Microsoft account.

Message 7 of 7