on 14-05-2013 21:27
I have just had a new replacement handset sent to me and having problems signing into my blackberry ID. So I'm trying to reset my password and security answer on my blackberry ID via my phone and laptop. However the process through the phone states that I must go on this link: http://uk.blackberry.com/bbid.html and its says I don't need worry about 'Password recovery question' but I put in my username in first then click submit and it sends me to Password recovery question. What am I meant to do? Is there a free number I can call? I've already been locked out twice.
Solved! Go to Solution.
15-05-2013 09:57 - edited 15-05-2013 10:00
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
To generate a password reset email, complete the following:
- Browse to the following URL using a desktop browser, the Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone or the Browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook: http://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpas
- Enter the BlackBerry ID Username (email address) and the CAPTCHA characters, then click Submit.
- Enter the Answer to the Password Recovery Question, then click OK. (Answering the recovery question is only required if the BlackBerry ID account is not confirmed)
- A confirmation message will be displayed A password reset email has been sent to email@example.com , at which point, a reset email will be delivered to the associated email address inbox.
- Login to the email account associated to the BlackBerry ID using the desktop browser, BlackBerry Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone or the browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
- Locate the password reset email and select the Change your BlackBerry ID password link.
Note: The BlackBerry ID reset email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org If the email is not found in the inbox, check the Spam or Junk folder.
- When the password reset page loads, enter the Answer to the Password Recovery Question, enter the New Password, Confirm Password, then click Submit.
Note: Answering the recovery question is only required if the BlackBerry ID account is not confirmed.
- A confirmation message will display once the changes have been saved successfully.
- Moving forward use the newly created password whenever logging into BlackBerry ID.
on 28-04-2014 23:52
Hi @DeafSupport ,
Edit: Ignore all of the information below and try this first: Enter the email address associated with your BlackBerry ID on this webpage then check your email and click on the link. It should allow you to enter a new password.
Unfortunately you may be stuck if you can't remember the password or the answer to the secret question!
Do you have any apps that you have purchased using your BlackBerry ID, or any contacts in BBM that you would need to keep? If so then you may need to contact O2 and ask them to escalate to BlackBerry who may be able to help reset the password.
If you don't have any apps or contacts that you want to keep then I could only suggest creating a new BlackBerry ID. You can find instructions on how to do that here Beware though as you will need to backup and wipe your device.
The only other way I know of to recover your account is if you still have the original email you would have been sent when you created your BlackBerry ID.