on 14-05-2013 21:27
I have just had a new replacement handset sent to me and having problems signing into my blackberry ID. So I'm trying to reset my password and security answer on my blackberry ID via my phone and laptop. However the process through the phone states that I must go on this link: http://uk.blackberry.com/bbid.html and its says I don't need worry about 'Password recovery question' but I put in my username in first then click submit and it sends me to Password recovery question. What am I meant to do? Is there a free number I can call? I've already been locked out twice.
Solved! Go to Solution.
15-05-2013 09:57 - edited 15-05-2013 10:00
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
To generate a password reset email, complete the following:
- Browse to the following URL using a desktop browser, the Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone or the Browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook: http://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpas
- Enter the BlackBerry ID Username (email address) and the CAPTCHA characters, then click Submit.
- Enter the Answer to the Password Recovery Question, then click OK. (Answering the recovery question is only required if the BlackBerry ID account is not confirmed)
- A confirmation message will be displayed A password reset email has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , at which point, a reset email will be delivered to the associated email address inbox.
- Login to the email account associated to the BlackBerry ID using the desktop browser, BlackBerry Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone or the browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
- Locate the password reset email and select the Change your BlackBerry ID password link.
Note: The BlackBerry ID reset email will come from email@example.com If the email is not found in the inbox, check the Spam or Junk folder.
- When the password reset page loads, enter the Answer to the Password Recovery Question, enter the New Password, Confirm Password, then click Submit.
Note: Answering the recovery question is only required if the BlackBerry ID account is not confirmed.
- A confirmation message will display once the changes have been saved successfully.
- Moving forward use the newly created password whenever logging into BlackBerry ID.