cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Lumia 1020 support visual voicemail ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As per thread title realy, as i'm interested in the lumia 1020 but its very important to me that i get some sort of visual icons/notifications or whatever to say i've got a voicemail and who it's from.

So, if anybody can answer that for me, it would be a great help.

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Take a look here http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA140240

You will need to be on a contract too.

Its not supported on payg

Message 2 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
VVM as such like the iPhone is not available on the Lumia, however, there is an app called "Smart Voicemail" you could try.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply's,

I don't necessarly need VVM in the style of the iphone (currently have 4s) but need some sort of visual queues to say i have a voicemail and who its from, i have no problem dialing 901, just need to know i've got one and who it from.

The "smart voicemail app looks great but half the features are missing if your not in the US unfortunatly.

Any owners out there that can confirm how the 1020 deals with voicemail ?

Thanks

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
How did you get on with this ?
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting conflicting answers to my questions to O2 with regard to this, with some saying it does and others saying that only the iphone supports it (VVM)......i just need a owner/user to confirm either way.

Thanks

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps log into the Nokia Discussions forums and leave a post and or go to Nokia's homepage and use the contact us tabs, if this thread dries up.

I assume the link I inserted in my first reply did not help.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/contact/
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, i'll give them a try.

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, after posting the same question on the nokia forum, i've established that th OS WP8 supports VVM but it's down to the carrier whether the phone deals with it correctly.

So, cn anyone tell me whether O2 as a carrier supports VVM for WP8, if not how does the phone deal with VM and what visual cues are there on the Lumia 1020.

There must be someone on here that uses a 1020 that can answer my question lol

Thanks

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't look like there's any 1020 owners out there, maybe i need to rephrase my questions......

slight_smile

Message 10 of 18