cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Lumia 1020 support visual voicemail ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As per thread title realy, as i'm interested in the lumia 1020 but its very important to me that i get some sort of visual icons/notifications or whatever to say i've got a voicemail and who it's from.

So, if anybody can answer that for me, it would be a great help.

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't look like there's any 1020 owners out there, maybe i need to rephrase my questions......

slight_smile

I was hoping someone on the Nokia discussions forums could help or a support guru from Nokia themselves.

Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No VVM on my Ativ but as I don't have a 1020 I can't say if it's different or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I got no joy there either, a guy did reply saying that when he went to the US it worked fine (VVM) but i was being specific to O2 in the UK and haven't had anymore responses since.

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
No VVM on my Ativ but as I don't have a 1020 I can't say if it's different or not.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I am under the impression that WP8 is the same across the board (handsets regardless of manufacturer), so how does your phone deal with voicemail, ie, what notifications do you get if you recieve a voicemail ?

Thanks

Message 14 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I think you may be right but I'm not 100%. I get a notification icon on my live tile and also the voicemail spool icon on the call button.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Stoke192,

Have you managed to find out anymore info about visual voicemail? It takes a very special kind of query to stump members here! slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there the Lumia 1020 on O2UK Contract doesindeed support VVM

i'm a 1020 user and couldnt live without it !

it appears on your glance screen and call app (bottom left tape casette icon)

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a 920, and you get a visual notification to say that there is a voice mail, but there's no indication of who its from.

The visual notification is shown on the phone live tile and on the glance screen.  You'll also get a toast notification to show that you;ve got a new voicmail.

Unfortunately, none of these notifications say the callers number.

The Lumia 1020 works in the same way as the 920.

Message 18 of 18