cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

When I delete on my Nokia 625, then they are truly deleted!

Why don't deleted messages go into the appropriate folder (i.e. 'Deleted') thus giving me a chance to retrieve?

Sometimes I delete in error... I am only human (so I'm told...)

Thanks in anticipation. (don't delete me...)

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

From http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=187627 :

• Deleting an email from the Recently Deleted folder will delete the email permanently.
  • Deleted mail will remain in the Recently Deleted folder for only 24 hrs after which it will be permenantly deleted.

Important: The number of days an email stays in your mailbox depends on the type of mailbox you use and the folder in which you save the email.

Message 11 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Thanks for that @Anonymous though that infers that the deleted items can and should go into the deleted folder irrespective of how long they remain there.

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, sorry, i did mean to post more on that last post!

Basically, where I was going with that is...has the OP been checking for deleted emails after the 24 hour limit? have they also checked that this is the correct behaviour when deleting an email on their PC?

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, you use AOL for email??!  Have you tried logging onto the AOL webmail and seeing if you can see your deleted messages?  I assume you have selected to sync your deleted items folder from 'show all folders' list?  It might be easiest to remove the email account on your phone and re-create it.  They use IMAP and it can cause local sync issues.  

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, you use AOL for email??!  

Whats wrong with that? I still use my Compuserve account and my Geocities webpage still gets 50 visitors a month!!!

Nah, just kidding! wink

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again

Look, ok, I'm a Luiddite. I don't like changes... Still wear a wind-up watch...

I joined AOL 10 years ago, and I'm still there (though now it's through TalkTalk.Don't ask.

All I know is, that when I press 'delete' BY MISTAKE as I sometimes do, it is gone immediately. Already. Vanished. Ethered. Irretrievable.

Speak to me simply   :~(

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing wrong with liking how things work just simply. 😄

Do you have anyone with a little more experience that could look through your system and folders.
Message 17 of 17