Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Other Devices board!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Other Devices board! 👋  If you have a device that's not Apple or Android or are thinking of getting one then this is the board where you can ask questions to other community members! 

If your question is about your account please remember this is a public forum so don't post any personal information. You can get information on your tariff, devices and account in My O2

Thanks,

The community team 🙂

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Good idea @Martin-O2 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff! Doing a bit of spring cleaning on the static topics on the boards and found a few gaps. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 7

Sashica
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I have a problem, I left the UK 7 months ago but I don't want to lose my sim number, how can I find out how long it is still valid?

hello i have a problem i left the uk 7 month ago but i dont want to lose my sim number how can i find out how long it is still valid? my mail- [personal details removed] my number [personal details removed]

Mod edit: Please be careful not to share personal details on the public forum

Message 4 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Presuming you are a UK O2 PAYG phone user, you will need to make at least one chargeable call every 6 months to keep your number active. The SIM may need a top-up monthly if it is a Big Bundle SIM.

Easiest way to find out if it is still active is to try and call it from another phone.

Good luck, @Sashica.

Message 5 of 7

Sashica
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am not in the country, I need to find out my card, the number is still saved

Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

So call the phone you have not used for 7months, let it ring, no need to answer (it should show the number of the phone you are calling from on the screen). If that is good, number is still active.

Then see about topping up the O2 phone, all the ways are in the doc below, and the website near the end works best if you are outside the UK and/or having difficulties with the bank card you are trying to use to pay O2: Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Good luck, @Sashica.

Message 7 of 7