Did you mean: 

Cant send or recieve MMS on Nokia Lumia 735

Juksey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently upgraded to Nokia Lumia 735 and Received a new Nano Sim from O2

I am unable to send or receive MMS picture messages..

I have followed these instructions  from /www.geeksquad.co.uk

Windows Phone 8.1

From the home screen:

1. Swipe your finger from right to left across the screen to access the Apps list.
  2. Find and tap on the Settings icon.
  3. Scroll down this list until you find cellular + SIM or Mobile + SIM, then press on it to continue.
  4. Make sure your Data connection is set to On, then scroll down and tap on SIM settings.
  5. At the bottom of the SIM settings page are options to edit internet APN and edit MMS APN. Tap on edit Internet APN to modify your internet connection settings.
  6. Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings:
    APN - mobile.o2.co.uk
    User name - o2web
    Password - password
  7. Press the Save button to save and quit this screen. The save icon looks like a floppy disk, for those of us who remember them!
  8. Now select edit MMS APN.
  9. Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings:
    APN - mobile.o2.co.uk
    Username - o2web
    Password - password
    WAP gateway (URL) - 82.132.254.1
    WAP gateway port - 8080
    MMSC (URL) - http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    (As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
  10. Press the Save button at the bottom of the page to save and quit this screen.
  11. You should now see 4G, 3G, H, E or G on the top line of the display, next to the signal bars. This indicates you are connected to the data network

this still doesnt work,, Any help much appreciated.

Juksey

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Here is a link too http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings#o2%20Windows%20Phone%20APN%20MMS%20mobile%20inte... which mirrors yours.

Try texting ACTIVE to 2020 , save the settings and turn your phone off and on.

Do you have mobile data turned on too.

You may need to ask O2 O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG to provision your account for MMS.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add as MMS are 40p each perhaps consider using email as you can send larger files too that way or WhatsApp or Viber as alternatives. The latter two require the other parties to have them downloaded too.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
How long is it since you activated the new sim?
It may take a couple of days to settle down or it may be worth calling CS on 202 to see if they have enabled MMS on your account.
I assume you have been able to send them previously?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also ensure you key in the right versions for Pay as you Go or Contract.
Message 5 of 8

Juksey
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all the advice guys,

I'll give CS  a call later today,

juksey

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck and I hope this resolves for you soon Juksey
Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Let us know what fixes it for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8