cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive calls but can receive texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ancient Samsung SGH-N500

When someone calls me my phone does not respond but then I get a text saying that I missed a call.

When I try to make a call it fails to connect. This happened once before but then the fault went away.

This occurred in two different areas of the country and the signal strength was shown as strong.

It receives texts from O2. I tried live chat but got no result.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try turning the phone on & off
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How old is the sim card?
It may be worth getting a new one and doing a sim swap. Any O2 shop will do this for free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Done that
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is old. All O2 could suggest was taking to one of their shops but the problem that the nearest are 15 miles away in places I don't visit very often, which is why I posted this query in case someone could tell me a solution.
Thank you for the suggestion I will try it when I can.
John
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I could be glib and say get a modern phone but that's no guarantee I'm afraid. If you could possibly try the sim in another phone then that would help eliminate whether it's the sim or the phone. The o2 store could help you out with that, either by way of a sim adapter or trying your sim in a test phone.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can request a replacement blank sim from CS. Just make sure you get the correct one for your account (PAYG and Contract are different) then you can do a sim swap online http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sorry,  didn't see your previous reply about the store being so far away. ...

Message 8 of 8