cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open, compose or send my texts messages on my q10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently this week upgraded to a Blackberry q10. Everything is working fine apart from sms. Messages come in to the inbox and I can see them but when I try to open them, nothing, they won't open at all. I can't compose any let alone send them. I am on O2 and have spoken to the tech team. All solutions have failed, they have suggested 3g mast faults, changing the bolt on's to blackberry compatible ones?? and all sorts but nothing has worked. Any ideas or help at all? I have this great new phone but not being able to read or send messages is driving me crazy(ier)Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I experienced the very same problem with my new BB Q10 whereby when I clicked "compose" or the shortcut letter "C" nothing happened.

Resolved the issue by typing "settings" into the home screen > clicked "settings" > clicked "software updates" > clicked "check for updates" > then installed the latest software (which at time of writing was (10.1.0.2309).

Seems to have rectified the situation completely.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a quick question, have you tried wiping and reinstalling the operating system on the phone?

I can find a possible solution but want to know if you've tried this first!
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I experienced the very same problem with my new BB Q10 whereby when I clicked "compose" or the shortcut letter "C" nothing happened.

Resolved the issue by typing "settings" into the home screen > clicked "settings" > clicked "software updates" > clicked "check for updates" > then installed the latest software (which at time of writing was (10.1.0.2309).

Seems to have rectified the situation completely.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great advice here guys,

Well done slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 4