O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Other Devices (Nokia, Blackberry, etc)

Level 1: Joiner
m_tsang

Call Barring Pin

Hello, I would like to know what the default Call Barring Pin is please.

As when I was going through the menus on my phone I came across an option:

Restrict Calls

> All outgoing
> Outgoing Intl.
> Outgoing Intl. Roam
> All Incoming
> Inc. when roaming
> Deactivate All

Change password

As I do not know the password and I have tried all the default ones:

I can't use the function, I know its not from the phone as when you enter a password the phone sends it out to the network and then advises that the action has failed due to incorrect Pin.

I would like to know as it would be handy to enable and disable whenever you don't want someone to make an international call when using your phone.

Oh I have called the phone manufacturer and they have advised also that they do not retain the Call Barring Codes as this is a Network feature they only have default codes for the Phone Security settings.

Thank You
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 168
Solutions: 1,868

Call Barring Pin

I think it maybe 6666 which is the default O2 pin. Let the forum know if that works.
Please use plain text.
m_tsang

Call Barring Pin

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the input, but bad news the 6666 does not seem to work, when I called O2 they do not know what I am talking about, advising that there is no such pin code for call barring?

I know that when I was with one of the other networks I was able to obtain the pin but it seems its not the case with O2?
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
Strange_Visitor

Call Barring Pin

I could be wrong (it has been know, quite often) but I was under the impression that barring functions on a phone only work if the operator supports it. AFAIK o2 don't. They expect you to be responsible for your own calls, I suppose.

I believe any type of bar has to be initiated on your account by o2(such as an international call bar) and as such is not handset dependent.

SV
Handset: Samsung Galaxy S 8GB, Android 2.3.3
Tablet: Google Nexus 7, Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 168
Solutions: 1,868

Call Barring Pin

I tried a search on this and 'apparently' you need to call o2 to have call barring enabled. Can't verify this but this is the quote from the forum.

Need to ring o2 and ask them to put on call barring. The default password when enabled us 0000. Please note that if u have a call divert setup it will not work so basically u need to turnoff visual voice mail via 1760 before useing call barring. There are also only certain codes that can be used e.g bar all incoming, bar all outgoing etc..

Quote is from the iphone hints and tips forum so again,unsure if this is relevant for all phones and either P&G or contract.
Perhaps one of our regular O2 friends can check this?
Please use plain text.
bigjig

Call Barring Pin

that's correct. I have had the same problem with O2. The said to me 1st that such a service is handset specific, which is so untrue. I used to work for a mobile company as a network fault analyst and there are some basic GSM commands/codes and they can be used by any handset or on any network. When I argued she spoke to the networks team and we found out that it was a provisioning issue.
The way it seems, I think call barring is not provisioned on to your account by default on O2 unlike most of the mobile operators.

They reprovisioned my account and emailed me a list of codes that can be used by any handset in case it doesn't have call barring features. e.g. iPhone
I have created a contact on me iPhone with all these codes and I just have to select what I want and if you must know, it works like a charm.

Trouble is sometimes you end up speaking to a person who doesn't know what they are talking about. Hope this helps.

Please find the codes below:

Barring All Outgoing Calls
To activate
*33* barring code #
To cancel
# 33 * barring code #
To check status
* # 33 #

To Bar All Outgoing International Calls
To activate
*331* barring code #
To cancel