cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackbery Passport on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if the  BB passport will be coming to o2?

Dave

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K wrote:

It's more a question of what's right for O2 and customers as a whole - ideally we'd like to stock every phone ever released on the market but due to logistics, stock room, wall space etc it's just not possible.

As I discussed a while back, we still partner with Blackberry and offer customers our complete support, wether they have a new or old device > http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/The-future-of-BlackBerry-on-O2/m-p/639205#M43270

With regards to the new 'Passport', I'm afraid we have no info to share on this at present but it's worth bearing in mind that Blackberry themselves are targetting professional/business users for this handset so it could have very limited consumer up-take... That is of course only my personal opinion - if I become aware of any official info on this device heading our way i'll make sure the Community knows about it.

Wouldn't offering customers who want the latest BlackBerry the chance to actually own the latest BlackBerry be what is best for O2 and its customers?

With regards to the Passport, there is absolutely no indication that this device will not be released to the public by Blackberry, the controrary in fact.  Your comment regarding "very limitied consumer up-take" comes across as particularly negative and almost as though you're getting ready to tell us that O2 won't be stocking it. Do O2 employ anyone to keep abreast of the latest news for each manufacturer?

I've asked twice before, and didn't recieve a reply from you @Chris_K but I'll ask again anyway; Who makes the decision as to which devices O2's customers want? Is it you? Is it a panel of O2 experts? Is it a wee man in a room who's job it is to pick which phones O2 will stock? Is it executives at boardroom level? I guess where I'm going with this is...are customers actually ever asked? How would we, as customers, get involved in the decision making process?

Message 21 of 76

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

re "consumer up-take" if the availability is zero the "up-take" will also be zero, simple logic. wink

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 22 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, I'm due an upgrade and have had the Z10 since launch. I've been BlackBerry since 2007 and always with O2 and I really want the Passport, it's just going to be a productivity beast. I'm not a social or media user and BlackBerry has always been right for my security and professional needs. I'll be sorely disappointed if O2 decided not to stock it. I don't like the service at CPW when something goes wrong and I prefer to be on refresh so I may just buy outright or I may switch from O2.
Message 23 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lots of people are crying out for O2 to stock blackberries but at the moment it's not a handset range they seem to want to stock. slight_smile
Message 24 of 76

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

If you have really set your heart on the phone then you may just have to look outside of O2. Has there been a definite decision taken by O2 on this phone?

Message 25 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Has there been a definite decision taken by O2 on this phone?

Its rumoured to be released in October, and allegedly carriers have been sent sample Passports so someone at O2 might now have one. Maybe @Chris_K could confirm or deny...or ignore my questions again?

Message 26 of 76

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Has there been a definite decision taken by O2 on this phone?

Its rumoured to be released in October, and allegedly carriers have been sent sample Passports so someone at O2 might now have one. Maybe @Chris_K could confirm or deny...or ignore my questions again?

Sorry if it seemed I was ignoring you as this wasn't the case. I'm just afraid that there's nothing further I can comment on from what I already have. I cannot confirm or deny the Passport will be coming to O2 - you'll need to keep an eye on our Coming Soon page or here on the community for any announcements.

We look to stock the best range of devices for customers but as mentioned before, we simply can't range every device on the market for various reasons. New & popular handsets may mean less room for stock of handsets that aren't popular, for instance. After a period of time handsets may also be de-ranged for similar reasons.

There are various discussions and personel involved in deciding which handsets are ranged by us and not one person in particular - it's a business decision. I'm sorry I can't answer your question more directly... I know you're excited by the Blackberry Passport and want more info on if O2 will have it, but it's just not something I can confirm yet I'm afraid. I'll make sure to update you if this device heads our way.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 28 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
A fair explanation @Chris_K

Thank you.
Message 29 of 76

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics