cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Q5

Anonymous
Not applicable

So when is O2 going to advertise the Blackberry Q5? It appears to be available on O2 from Carphone Warehouse but not on the O2 website?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Carphone warehouse do have a bigger choice of mobile phones , always have done.

They just marry any Network Sim up with their mostly unlocked handsets.

Have you asked in an 02 high street store or phoned to ask?

Or e mail them.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Carphone warehouse do have a bigger choice of mobile phones , always have done.

They just marry any Network Sim up with their mostly unlocked handsets.

Have you asked in an 02 high street store or phoned to ask?

Or e mail them.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So when is O2 going to advertise the Blackberry Q5? It appears to be available on O2 from Carphone Warehouse but not on the O2 website?

Probably around about the same time that BlackBerry advertise it properly...Smiley Surprised:smileywink:

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for the responses slight_smile

I will start by emailing O2 and save myself a possible unnecessary journey!

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't touch this phone! I selected this phone for an upgrade and after one week have taken the SIM out and put it back in my old Blackberry 9320. I managed to get my BT e mail account set up on it but could not get my work e mail - despite numerous calls to the 02 guru - who seem to know nothing about Blackberries. I visited a number of forums about the new Blackberry operating sysyem and it seems there is a common fault with some e mail accounts. This has not been an upgrade it's a downgrade and after collecting it from my local 02 shop I realsied that all 02 wnat to do is get you to use a samsung galaxy or an i phone they do not sell or know anything about blackberries. I will bin my Q5 it has been a complete waste of time.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum.

As your Bt Mail account worked and not your works version I'm wondering if some form of firewall / settings exist so you would need to speak with IT from your work (if you haven't already)

I've not used that make of blackberry so can only go in reviews , YouTube unboxing and blog reviews.

Sorry you didn't get in with it yourself. 😞
Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

We have 2 very knowledgeable members on here that know BB's inside and out.

@Anonymous and @aldaweb should be able to help you further.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, @Anonymous what problems were you having? Give us a chance at resolving it for you.

I think I might have an idea what the problem might be but would need to hear from you what problems you were having with your work email account.

But I do agree that O2 don't know very much about BlackBerrys, and have slowly been reducing their stock of available models.

Message 8 of 9

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous as @Anonymous says if you can give us more information such as the type of account your work email uses then perhaps we can help more.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 9 of 9