cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Priv

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys... new to the forums side of o2, i was wondering if anyone knows if o2 will be stocking the blackberry priv, if not stocking it would i be able to pay off my device then upgrade through carphone warehouse or do i have to pay off device and airtime plan on o2 refresh before i can upgrade like this(new to upgrading haha)

Thanks!

Message 1 of 105
104 REPLIES 104

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

well, i got told of the guy who rang me today for my upgrade to wait until the end of january and it should be coming to o2, i got the q10 through the o2 shop and want this priv as like many others i have no desire to go to CW or move to a touchscreen phone.........give me actual buttons to press

Was it actually O2 who phoned you?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well, i got told of the guy who rang me today for my upgrade to wait until the end of january and it should be coming to o2, i got the q10 through the o2 shop and want this priv as like many others i have no desire to go to CW or move to a touchscreen phone.........give me actual buttons to press

Hope this is true as I have seen the Priv is coming to T-Mobile on the 26th in US so was hoping it may be the same for the UK.

Message 42 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah it was o2 that rang me, i asked in store yesterday and they didnt have a clue

Message 43 of 105

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I sometimes wonder where they get their info from !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 44 of 105

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah it was o2 that rang me, i asked in store yesterday and they didnt have a clue

I only ask because when we last heard on here O2 had no intention of stocking the Priv. I am hoping this caller wasn't a third party seller trying to sign you up with a false promise?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 105

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Also if you look at this thread (earlier on) it appears the Priv was exclusive to CPW https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Blackberry-Priv/m-p/923982/highlight/tr...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 105

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'm sure @Chris_K said "no" too ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 47 of 105

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions
Message 49 of 105

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Just to add, there's no Priv on my weekly portfolio updates. When business decisions are made to range a particular device, it is included in this update I receive. As there's still no Priv listed, I want to set the expectation that there are still no plans for this device.

Sorry for any disappointment this causes but the device is still exclusive to CPW. If or when that exclusivity period ends (if it does...) then it would open networks up to be able to range this but that being said, it's no guarantee networks / O2 would range it even if that exclusivity period ends.

Due to this, the best I can recommend is to register on our device updates page and/or keep an eye open here on the community for any official announcements.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 50 of 105