cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Priv

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys... new to the forums side of o2, i was wondering if anyone knows if o2 will be stocking the blackberry priv, if not stocking it would i be able to pay off my device then upgrade through carphone warehouse or do i have to pay off device and airtime plan on o2 refresh before i can upgrade like this(new to upgrading haha)

Thanks!

Message 1 of 105
104 REPLIES 104

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
I think i'll believe my account executive, also on the same email, is a list of devices that o2 are pulling from there range including some interesting choices..

I'm waiting for the email from our BB Account Manager saying that they are back in favour with o2 / Telefonica
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 91 of 105

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Just wanted to update and help stop any confusion. A decision has very recently been made to range the BlackBerry Priv for corporate and enterprise customers. There is currently no plans for the Priv to be ranged for business or consumer. I understand this may cause some disappointment and unfortunately there's nothing else I can add - but I have shared some feedback with the team that a lot of you would like to see the Priv available to 'normal' customers so who knows what'll happen in the future.

Keep an eye on the coming soon pages for any future updates.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 92 of 105

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Just wanted to update and help stop any confusion. A decision has very recently been made to range the BlackBerry Priv for corporate and enterprise customers. There is currently no plans for the Priv to be ranged for business or consumer. I understand this may cause some disappointment and unfortunately there's nothing else I can add - but I have shared some feedback with the team that a lot of you would like to see the Priv available to 'normal' customers so who knows what'll happen in the future.

Keep an eye on the coming soon pages for any future updates.

Thanks for the clarification .

Message 93 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris - finally I've managed to find some information about the Priv on O2.

Your sales teams in the shops and via 202 are completely in the dark over it, no one seems to know what is going on - they all say the same thing "we don't know why we don't stock it". However, I've just finished a chat with someone via the text service on the website and he claimed as my contract is up for renewal I should sign up to a sim only contract for 12 months and then in 2-3 months the Priv will be available and I can switch over then... That goes against what you've just said above...

Further to this, I was in Carphone Warehouse who said they had exclusive rights on O2 over the Priv for the first 3 months following the release of the phone, and he believes that has now been extended to 6 months.

As a 'normal' customer I would also like to see the Priv available...

Message 94 of 105

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I think he cleared it up in his last post.
Message 95 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree - having read that, it cleared it up for me, but the rest of the people in o2 don't seem to know what he knows and are still giving out duff information.

Message 96 of 105

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree - having read that, it cleared it up for me, but the rest of the people in o2 don't seem to know what he knows and are still giving out duff information.

That doesn't surprise me at all @Anonymous. @Chris_K makes it his business to find out these sort of answers as he posts for O2 social media sites. Customer Services certainly don't appear to be so up to date..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 97 of 105

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
In all fairness tho, customer service wouldn't be in the know regarding a phone they won't ever deal with, only corporate managers would have the info.
Message 98 of 105

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
In all fairness tho, customer service wouldn't be in the know regarding a phone they won't ever deal with, only corporate managers would have the info.

Then CS shouldn't give false info. A few people were told O2 would be stocking it.... if they don't know...they should be honest.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 99 of 105

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
CS will generally say what a customer wants to hear....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 100 of 105