O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 2: Apprentice
sizz1806

Blackberry Bold 9700

Hi. So does anyone know whether we will see the 9700 on O2?? Vodafone have had the 9700 on their website for the last week with it being available to pre-order. Better still, it should actually be available to buy from today or tomorrow at the latest. The Carphone Warehouse, at least, have it displayed on their 'Coming Soon' page.

So why no word from O2 about their plans to stock this phone? I would like to know either way as my iPhone is becoming more and more unusable on an hourly basis and I need to get a new phone. If O2 don't stock the 9700 and stock it soon I'll be off to Vodafone. At least they seem to keep their customers informed.
Please use plain text.
m1234

Blackberry Bold 9700

im on the same boat as you.
im sick of O2's lack of phones.
Please use plain text.
sizz1806

Blackberry Bold 9700

im on the same boat as you.
im sick of O2's lack of phones.

I don't know what annoys me more - the lack of phones or their inability to keep their customers informed about any new arrivals! Right now I am thinking that they aren't going to stock the 9700 and that they don't want to make this public knowledge as they know they will lose some of their customers to Vodafone!
Please use plain text.
m1234

Blackberry Bold 9700

I couldnt agree more with you.
For me its, No Blackberry 9700, then theyve just lost one customer.
Dont get me wrong, O2 are a brilliant network, but the amount of phones its appauling.
What good handsets do you see out there?
Please use plain text.
sizz1806

Blackberry Bold 9700

There are plenty to be honest but right now I'm looking forward to getting back to Blackberry let a lone doing that with what has been touted as their best phone yet!!
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
djg121

BB 9700

I heard from one of the O2 customer service peopl that Monday was the day it was being released Voda Phone is out today I think, just have to wait till next week, itf they are going to release it they are keeping a tight lid on it
DJ G
Please use plain text.
demonlarma

release for 9700

i have it on reasonably good authority from a friend who works for blackberry that the 9700 will be out on o2 from the end of november, so stop whining and be patient!
Please use plain text.
JC6
JC6

Blackberry Bold 9700

so stop whining and be patient!

Don't be so sanctimonious, tongue in cheek or otherwise. We're not talking about O2 benevolently offering free Blackberries to people out of the kindness of their heart(s). I think people can make up their own minds what their mobile requirements are and when they want / need a new device. O2 are free to take as long as they like before launching the 9700 on their network; their customers are free to take their business elsewhere if somebody offers it sooner.
Please use plain text.
sizz1806

Blackberry Bold 9700

so stop whining and be patient!

Don't be so sanctimonious, tongue in cheek or otherwise. We're not talking about O2 benevolently offering free Blackberries to people out of the kindness of their heart(s). I think people can make up their own minds what their mobile requirements are and when they want / need a new device. O2 are free to take as long as they like before launching the 9700 on their network; their customers are free to take their business elsewhere if somebody offers it sooner.

Exactly! Give me my damn 9700 O2!! :smileyvery-happy:

To be honest, the O2 signal strength at my work place sucks....maybe its my iPhone. Either way I'm considering giving Vodafone a try.
Please use plain text.
pfiffi78

Blackberry Bold 9700

Try switching off 3G and use EDGE only. 3G on O2 in areas like London is useless. Calls drop, calls won't come through. Data connections hang or don't get established at all or are slower than EDGE. You're better off with EDGE which is far more reliable and it's good for your battery too.

And I have these problems on both: iPhone and BlackBerry Bold.
Please use plain text.