cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry OS 10.2.1.3247 rolled out by BlackBerry yesterday

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to deal only with bug-fixes rather than new features and it looks like battery life and wi-fi connection drop off issues have been fixed in this release from what I can gather.

I've had the WiFi drop off problems intermittantly with the current OS version so hopefully this will fix it. Similarly, my battery life has become horrendous...

...lets see how long it takes for O2 to release it to us.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for keeping us updated @Chris_K 

I'll look out for it.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 11 of 20

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions
It's showing now.
Will install after I finish work.
sent from my z10

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 12 of 20

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Only 17MB in size so fairly quick but still requires a reboot.

Software release 10.2.1.2977

OS version 10.2.1.3247 

Message 13 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aaawwww man! I checked yesterday just after 5pm and nothing new was showing!

I literally just pressed the "Check for Updates" button and then clicked on this thread to find it was out last night! Gutted!

Anyway, I'll get it installed when I get home and see if it makes a difference. the Wi-fi drop off issue hasn't been too problematic for the past week but I hope the battery life gets better again.

Thanks for the heads up Chris and aldaweb!

Message 15 of 20

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Eager to hear how it performs guys.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 20

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Well the battery drained within 7 hours yesterday (full to 5%)  but then I was using Maps to figure the best ways round severe congestion on and either side of the western stretch of the M25 and GPS always drains the battery quickly on any phone. 

Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I've decided that my phone needs a new battery and so I ordered a new one last night so will wait and see how it performs.

In saying that, I have Snap2Chat (Snapchat client) open constantly (because it frequently won't open again if I close it) and its a resource hog which will explain why my battery has been draining so fast.

However, on the Wifi problem fix...I've been disconnected a couple of times at work today. Holding out in the hope that BB10.3 fixes the problem for good!

Message 18 of 20

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I swapped out to my spare battery over the weekend and had a full 24 hours out of the battery, but it wasn't heavy usage as it was quiet on the service side. @Anonymous have you ordered the battery charger bundle?

I've not experienced WiFi problems except where my home router needed rebooting which was affecting all wireless devices.

Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I went for the charger bundle! I decided it was better value for money!

I'm not sure about the Wifi issue now as I haven't had it at home...it might just be the public Wifi at my work that's being funny, I'm not sure! :S
Message 20 of 20