cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry OS 10.2.1.3247 rolled out by BlackBerry yesterday

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to deal only with bug-fixes rather than new features and it looks like battery life and wi-fi connection drop off issues have been fixed in this release from what I can gather.

I've had the WiFi drop off problems intermittantly with the current OS version so hopefully this will fix it. Similarly, my battery life has become horrendous...

...lets see how long it takes for O2 to release it to us.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

PapaDug wrote:

...lets see how long it takes for O2 to release it to us.

I shall see if there is any news on this @Anonymous 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 2 of 20

alan1yandell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you have a Z10 i had battery problem i changed the network settings to just 2g/3g.4G was sapping battery power trying to connect when i am not in a 4G area.

Message 3 of 20

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi all,

This is a very minor update that will be heading to O2 branded devices over the next few days so please do keep an eye open for it. After one of the recent updates, some users discovered that if they let their phone battery run completely flat, they had issues turning the device on. This minor update is expected to fix.

Once you see the update being available, we'd suggest updating to it to avoid running into this battery issue in the future.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
My girlfriend got the update on her sim free Z30 yesterday on O2 but me and my friend both haven't had it, both sim free Z30s as well. Is this rolling out slowly by serial number? Seems strange she's had it but we haven't and when we check for updates it says we're both up to date?
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alan1yandell wrote:

If you have a Z10 i had battery problem i changed the network settings to just 2g/3g.4G was sapping battery power trying to connect when i am not in a 4G area.

I've just literally done the SIM swap to 4G so that hasn't been the problem. I have experienced a decreased battery life since the last update was installed. I've also had the problem where the phone would randomly disconnect from WiFi (sometimes for hours) and then reconnect again on its own. This update is expected to resolve both of these problems.

Many thanks @Toby and @Chris_K for your help and attention. I'm looking forward to getting this installed.

Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Chris_K Any news on this update?

Thanks

Message 7 of 20

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I'm afraid it's not started rolling out yet but it should hopefully be this week provided there are no unforeseen delays or issues. If it looks like there's going to be any delays i'll have a look into it again but you should be seeing this pretty soon now 🙂

Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update Chris!

Message 9 of 20

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Heyo, me again!

Have just received a heads up that this update is being winged over to Blackberry to push out so you should hopefully be seeing this pop-up over the next 24-48 hours. If you download it, remember you're unlikely to see any changes or differences as it's just for a battery bug. If you're coming from an older software though, you might see some extras depending on how old your current software is.

If you run into any issues (unlikely) let us know.

Message 10 of 20