cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry 9320 keep freezes - please help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear All,

I brought a BlackBerry 9320 Red PAYG on 03.12.2012 from an O2 store - it kept freezing several times daily hence I changed it; the second handset behaved in the similar way with the first one: kept freezing on me in the most unexpected ways, e.g. incoming calls, unplugging the wall charger from the mains, setting up the alarm, etc. Again I have been in touch with the O2 + technical department who told me that the ‘current handset is faulty and should go back to have it replaced or get a refund’; indeed, on 29.12.2012 I went to a different O2 store and after a long wait and a frustrating customer service, finally I got a new handset. Finally, this morning 7.30 a.m., the latest, (3rd handset) it froze first time and then again 40 minutes later … as we speak it’s still frozen…

I am getting desperately frustrated and upset to say the least! I have been an O2 PAYG customer since 2002, changed 3 phones since then and until Dec 2012 when I brought my first smartphone,  never encounter issues like this nor being treated similar by the store advisers and Gurus! Is New Year’s Day tomorrow and I will not be able to use my O2 phone to keep in touch with my family and friends – and is very unlikely that the phone issue will be resolve soon enough….

Please advice.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The clear the freeze the usual method is to pull the battery out whilst the phone is turned on (this clears the volatile memory) and is a recommended process by BB to do once a month. Also, download BB desktop manager to your PC and ensure you have the latest OS installed on your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The clear the freeze the usual method is to pull the battery out whilst the phone is turned on (this clears the volatile memory) and is a recommended process by BB to do once a month. Also, download BB desktop manager to your PC and ensure you have the latest OS installed on your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your advise, much apprecieted. However, I forgotten to mention that it freezes daily, approx 3-5 times. Best regards.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

and also I forgotten to mention that I have had the BB Desktop Software already in use to upgrade the software and backup my data. My regards

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You must be unlucky with getting faulty phones if you are still having problems. You can only go back again and ask for a replacement or different handset.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your advise; I am going into a O2 store today to try to solve this reoccuring issue. Best regards

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

May I just update you all that, in the end, I chose a different BB model, 9360, as the 4th Red 9320 was behaving exactly the same like the previous 3 new, replaced handsets.

I do believe that there is a solution for every issue, and if you discuss objectively with both, customer service and O2 staff in store, you will came to a compromise and/or a satisfactory solution.

I just hope that from now on I will be able to enjoy my first smart phone, the BB 9360 black; wish me luck;

best regards to all the O2 forum's supporters 

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like a bad batch of phones.... Hope you have more luck from now on....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

fingers cross, indeed....

Message 9 of 9