cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry 10 apps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello o2 and community members!

So, a brand new OS! A supposedly easier OS to code for with the 5 different types of programming you can use too!

My question is, what (if any) apps are o2 themselves developing for the BlackBerry 10? Apps like o2 Wallet? o2 Priority Moments? A fully features "My o2" based application?

And do you have a timeframe until we start seeing these apps? slight_smile

I'm in no rush. When I get some free time, I'd like to learn how to develop apps for BB10 but I do work full time tongue

Hope you're all well! I get my Z10 at some point today! grin

Jimmy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Hope you enjoy the new ohone, let us know what you think of it:smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll be sure to let you know! grin I love BlackBerry's despite the problems that they can have but I can be very patient (and sometimes, you have no choice! *AHEM*) tongue
Message 3 of 7

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

If its available for Android then I'm sure it won't be too hard to port across given BB have put a lot of effort into the tools. Subtle hint to o2 developers then Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 7

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
If you find out about any cool new apps on the Z10 VeyyTicTacs, let us know!

slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, all I'll say is keep an eye on CrackBerry.com! That's where I get most of my information from.

BUT, here are a few great apps and games already in BlackBerry World that I've downloaded, used and loved:

• Angry Birds Star Wars - A fantastic twist on the regular Angry Birds series.
  • BlackBerry Bridge - The app to take remote control of your BlackBerry Playbook. Unfortunately, the Playbook seem to lack the ability to access emails, text messages and other things that you could with BB7 phones.
  • Flixster - A must for film buffs! This gives you direct access to movie reviews from Rotten Tomatoes and trailers.
  • BBC iPlayer - What it says on the tin. Made better with the flash. Works on Wifi and 3/4G.
  • Nobex - Standard internet radio player. My favourite although there are many to choose from.
  • TrainTimes - A simple app to check for delays, live departure and arrival boards and a travel planner.
  • Trapeez - A beautiful tumblr experience on your phone.

There are a lot of apps on their way including Skype and WhatsApp. There are many more but I'm definitely excited about those the most!

Hope this helps guys! wink

Message 6 of 7

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Would hopethat O2 are going to release a MyO2 and Priority moments apps for BB10.

MyProfilesPro seems like a must have app if you're using NFC tags. Define profiles for 'bedside mode' or 'car' etc to set volume/brightness and toggle bluetooth or wifi amongst others. not free but only £2.00 for greater functionality than the basic built in app.

The Chrome extension for the Playbook will sideload bar files to BB10 as well. See my post here for links

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 7