cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bb10 Os UpDaTe - z10 noW ScRewed

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all

did a software update last night which failed; phone wouldn't boot up without connecting to my laptop... tried update again, same problem. left it over night and i have no contacts, phone capability or text. tried the update again, phone will not boot up again...

any ideas?!

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorted... Having done the update again this morning and it appeared not to work I just left the phone one with the bb symbol on the screen and went to work. Came home to find it waiting for my pin number and once unlocked got a message saying update installed. Everything works and is as it should... Guess I was being impatient and should have just left it alone! 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
If all else fails.

Soft reset maybe.

Have you tried a hard reset ?

This would delete your saves data.

Link to how.

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/restart-blackberry-z10/
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorted... Having done the update again this morning and it appeared not to work I just left the phone one with the bb symbol on the screen and went to work. Came home to find it waiting for my pin number and once unlocked got a message saying update installed. Everything works and is as it should... Guess I was being impatient and should have just left it alone! 

Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
And a big sigh of relief as you saw the phone screen. slight_smile

Good to hear all is sorted n

Take care.
Message 4 of 22

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to hear it's all sorted caudy.

How is the update shaping up? I've not seen the exact details of it yet.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 22

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Is this a new update that I've missed or just the 10.1.0.4200 one?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. It was just the '.4200' update. Working fine and dandy now 🙂 

Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
God damn it, how are you guys able to get the 1.0.4200 update, i've been trying for ages with my blackberry Q5 and I'm on 1.0.4181 and everytime I check it says I'm up to date....
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh and by the way does anyone else have the problem now of the alarm not waking the phone up when switched off....
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i have alot of problem on the 10.1 o2 release, when you do voice command by holding th eside buttom you have to reset the phone as it doesnt open the active frame and will jsut cycle the lady in the background until you reset the phone.

also skype crashes my phone every time i open it now, its getting really bad, needs to hurry up and roll out the next 10.1 update or get to 10.2 i dont wnat to have to keep downloading the beta os updates because o2 send out buggier updates then the others....

also had a problem wher emy phone wanted to update to 10.1.0.4200 applications version every day no matter how many times i did it would ask to reinstall it again the next day....really stupid!

Message 10 of 22