cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBM Voice Stopped Working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a Torch 9800 on monthly contract. My phone froze and I pulled the battery, now bbm voice doesn't work.  I used to see the green phone icon near my name when I went into bbm and was connected to wifi -now nothing - no icon.  My friends phone icons are always greyed out and my phone icon is always greyed out on their phones even though we are all on wifi.  Tried battery pull and reinstalling bbm serveral times to no avail.  Suggestions please?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm...its not something I've ever used but what about removing and re-installing BBM?

Message 2 of 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi cincin,

Was PapaDug's advice helpful?

Cheers for offering advice PapaDug slight_smile

Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I've just re-read the original post and can see that BBM has already been removed and re-installed a few times.

Okay, if you go into settings and make sure that "allow calls over network" is selected, does the icon turn Green now?

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PapaDug, can you tell me exactly where this option is in settings - can't seem to find it.

Many thanks for your reply

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi cincin,

I'm not sure where exactly it will be on your Torch as I have a Z10 but Ive just checked mine and I have an option to "Allow BBM Calls over Mobile Networks" in the settings within BBM.

When you're in BBM, press the blackberry menu button (the one with the wee dots/blackberry logo) and settings should be in there.

Sorry, I'm totally winging it here as Ive never used a Torch but i know thats where the BBM settings were on my 9700 and 9900!

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but no such option on the torch - at least in that location

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

What options do you have available within BBM Settings?

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello PapaDug, if I go into BBM and press the blackberry menu key, then options -there is nothing regarding network connections.  There are options for LIST VIEW, CHAT VIEW, BBM Connected Applications,Recent Updates, Invitations to BBM and Miscellaneous.  I can't find anything that is helpful under options.  I do have the latest updates for this phone OS 6 and bbm.

Many thanks

Cincin

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to check my old 9700 when I get home because I my Z10 settings are completely diferent haha!

I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

Message 10 of 10