cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with Lumia 630 or similar? Need help with IE and music/video file formats.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

New member here. Got my first WP 8.1 via Nokia Lumia (Cyan) 630 at the end of last month and it's brilliant however there are a few things I need help with.

I would like to know...

1) How do I shut down internet explorer, it's easy on a PC but how do you do it on a WP?

2) I was able to view graphics and play videos in IE but for the past two weeks, I can no longer do that. A quick google suggested that this could be because it's linked to the amount of data I have left.  If this is not true, how do I resolve this issue?

3) .wma files are compatible on this phone and once I had transferred the file from PC to phone, they played just fine first time around.  Each time thereafter, I keep getting a message saying, unable to play this file because it could be corrupted or damaged.  Can someone explain why this would be? 

My sincere apologies for the long list but I have tried to phone customer services on 202 via my phone and using the landline number but have got repeatedly cut off.

Regards,

Laura.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laura and Welcome to the forum.

This link may be of help http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/product/lumia630/

When you come out of the internet explorer it will be just suspended.

To close your open tabs.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/product/lumia630/smartguidance/?action=singleTopic&amp...

Music Formats.

Codecs: MP3, AAC LC, AMR-NB, WMA 9, GSM FR, HE-AAC, HE-AACv2, WMA 10 Pro

I use a Mac so I use the appropriate app to move music by dragging and dropping.

If your running low on data or yiur data connection is weak then this can affect streaming. Can you view videos whilst on WiFi ?

Their may be something in your phones settings that's restricting content.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello and welcome to the O2 community
Umm..im sorry i wouldnt be able to help u with this because ive been using android phones
But im sure someone will help u in this forumn
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I previously had an Android myself, the Samsung Galaxy SII but a windows phone is what I truly wanted. So I got one. slight_smile

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laura and Welcome to the forum.

This link may be of help http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/product/lumia630/

When you come out of the internet explorer it will be just suspended.

To close your open tabs.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/product/lumia630/smartguidance/?action=singleTopic&amp...

Music Formats.

Codecs: MP3, AAC LC, AMR-NB, WMA 9, GSM FR, HE-AAC, HE-AACv2, WMA 10 Pro

I use a Mac so I use the appropriate app to move music by dragging and dropping.

If your running low on data or yiur data connection is weak then this can affect streaming. Can you view videos whilst on WiFi ?

Their may be something in your phones settings that's restricting content.
Message 4 of 9

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
To close ie 11 press the back button this should bring up any apps what you or have been using and just swipe down this will close them this is how I do it on my 620
Message 5 of 9

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Exactly what was said here! thats the only way to close it. Also try looking at the settings menu inside IE to see if there is any options to turn it off.
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@captainprice wrote:
To close ie 11 press the back button this should bring up any apps what you or have been using and just swipe down this will close them this is how I do it on my 620

Thanks mate.  Got that bit sorted. 🙂

I have also worked out how to display graphics on I.E, it was my own silly fault to untick the box which says - "show pictures automatically". Box is now ticked.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

The one final problem remaining is how to display and play videos in I.E.  The websites which I go to for example youtube.co.uk and channel4news.co.uk; contain videos are asking me to update Adobe Flash. Due to the fact that this version of I.E on WP does not support Adobe Flash what other options are available?

I really appreciate the help you guys are providing. 😉

Message 8 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check to see if there is an app for the content you need.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9