Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon fire phone Unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I am an O2 customer

I am interested in buying Amazon fire phone, but before buying I want some information about Amazon fire phone.
I live in London and India.
My query is related to unlocking of amazon fire phone, who is going to unlock amazon fire phone, Is it O2 or Amazon
Secondly, Can I use this phone in India or it can only be used in UK, USA and Germany Only.
Kindly help me in so I can decide to buy this phone

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be O2 to unlock it as the phone is on their network, Amazon is a retail distributor of the phone.

You'd need £15 on pay & go to unlock it but you'd have to wait until 12 months have passed before you can unlock it. If on contract, you'd need to pay off the device plan in full then you can unlock it for free

You can only use the phone in the UK but you could use roaming when abroad but that would be very expensive

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be O2 to unlock it as the phone is on their network, Amazon is a retail distributor of the phone.

You'd need £15 on pay & go to unlock it but you'd have to wait until 12 months have passed before you can unlock it. If on contract, you'd need to pay off the device plan in full then you can unlock it for free

You can only use the phone in the UK but you could use roaming when abroad but that would be very expensive
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Once unlocked by O2 it can be used anywhere on any network.
The GSM frequencies will be fine for India as well as continental Europe.
Unlocking guide here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just my personal opinion and please don't take offence. ..but forget thinking about the Fire phone. Do a lot of research, read plenty of reviews and have a look at the prices now on Amazon....

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @jonsie I don't think this even hit the 500 sales mark tbh
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hopefully @Anonymous will have second thoughts about this pile of crap...stand by for deletion....

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's if they find anywhere that stocks it
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous why have you chosen Amazon fire? Maybe we can recommend you another phone which covers your needs...
Message 10 of 10