cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding music to my Nokia 515

Anonymous
Not applicable

..... Toby's thread about music

I have a Nokia 515 (as recommended by MI5 earlier in the year) 

it has apps on it & more apps ..... but I've not touched any of those type of buttons because (1) I'm not sure what they do ..... & ..... (2) I'm frightened about running up an un-necessary bill ..... but I would like some music to listen to through earphones

I've stopped buying cd's from Amazon as its not economic & there maybe only one track I like eg recent Van Morrisson & Michael Buble purchases

I've not downloaded anything to my mobile

before coming into O2C I would regularly go into the town's O2 store for help ..... = ..... major reason I choose O2

would I be correct in thinking I would be able to go into the O2 store & ask them & they could look up my contract details & advise me? ..... I am conscious that every 15 minutes the staff are expected to make a sale & I do feel somewhat guilty if I'm not buying but only seeking advice

thank you :womanvery-happy:

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144148 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
When you put the CD into your laptop, open up Windows Media Player and click on the "Rip CD" tab.
It will list all the tracks on the CD and they will all be ticked. Just un-tick any you don't want and it will just copy the ones you do want slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 71 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

am doing that - how long should it take - there are 18 tracks on the cd -  the 3rd blue light from the left is still flickering = so it's still doing its stuff Don't know

Message 72 of 85

MI5
  • 144148 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Not long but depends how fast the laptop is....
You should see each track count up to 100% in turn..
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 73 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

it seems to me that the whole of the cd was uploaded to laptop = my fault probably as I'm not sure if I c/o rip cd tab slight_frown

however, I have got pic of front of cd in trhc of my screen, but I can find no headphones which will fit into the usb connections on my laptop to listen to music

will I be able to order some headphones off Amazon slight_smile

I didn't see each track count up to 100% in turn, as you have written above

Message 74 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

[edit]     trhc should read: top left hand corner, sorry slight_frown

Message 75 of 85

MI5
  • 144148 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Headphones fit into a 3mm round jack plug socket Jane, not the usb socket.

Currently using:
Message 76 of 85

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That will be 3.5mm if your checking for compatible ones Jane.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 77 of 85

MI5
  • 144148 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Apologies, of course aldaweb is correct....

Currently using:
Message 78 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @aldaweb & @MI5 

I have found the 2 round sockets on my laptop slight_smile

Message 79 of 85

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

One will be headphones and the other microphone, Jane.

The headphones will have a symbol similar to this Capture.JPG

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 80 of 85