cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding music to my Nokia 515

Anonymous
Not applicable

..... Toby's thread about music

I have a Nokia 515 (as recommended by MI5 earlier in the year) 

it has apps on it & more apps ..... but I've not touched any of those type of buttons because (1) I'm not sure what they do ..... & ..... (2) I'm frightened about running up an un-necessary bill ..... but I would like some music to listen to through earphones

I've stopped buying cd's from Amazon as its not economic & there maybe only one track I like eg recent Van Morrisson & Michael Buble purchases

I've not downloaded anything to my mobile

before coming into O2C I would regularly go into the town's O2 store for help ..... = ..... major reason I choose O2

would I be correct in thinking I would be able to go into the O2 store & ask them & they could look up my contract details & advise me? ..... I am conscious that every 15 minutes the staff are expected to make a sale & I do feel somewhat guilty if I'm not buying but only seeking advice

thank you :womanvery-happy:

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

How about....

Adding music to my Nokia 515 ?

I like this  @MI5 

I notice this change is only effective from the time you altered the topic title

& that on the list of topics under Other Devices the old title of 'an adjacet question to ..... ' is still there?

perhaps well mannered, as you are, ..... you were waiting for me to say something like yes 'Addington music to my Nokia 515' it's great idea Thanks! slight_smile

or maybe another explanation? slight_smile

do clarify/tell slight_smile

Message 61 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

If you're using a micro SD card Jane, then if you get a reader or adapter you can plug that into the computer to transfer everything over. You won't need to worry about the data cable then Smiley Very Happy

Something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/MICRO-SD-TO-CARD-ADAPTOR/dp/B0019AJJRK/ref=pd_sim_ph_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=05PGTM... or this http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB2-0-MICRO-SD-MEMORY-CARD-READER/dp/B0055PYTRU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1408...

thank you @aldaweb I have ordered the micro SD card & an adapter, which has now been delivered, so I'm ready to go when I feel up to it Thanks! Bouncy

Message 62 of 85

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's no secret Jane... Anyone can change the thread title but only from their own post in the thread, ie I can't change anything previous - only a mod or admin can do that wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 63 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you MI5 I will pm Toby now Good Idea Thanks!

Message 64 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

GM

have got the relevant equipment to hand ..... + ..... painted in red = 1st track off album = red ..... = ..... an incentive

rather shaky today (on the wine yesterday in Wanty's) ..... but ..... keen

hey, had a right find the other day in bottom drawer of chest of drawers in kitchen/diner ..... = ..... Philips headphones adaptor with insructions in un-opened plastic wrapper ! ..... what was that doing there on top of the hot water bottle in clean supermarket plastic containers ? ..... now in re-cycling bin ..... = ..... shows how often I bend down & go into that bottom drawer ..... D'oh!

Message 65 of 85

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Sorry, missed this earlier....
First job is to "rip" the CD to your laptop.
Just pop it in to the CD drive and follow the instructions from the pop up box to rip the music to your hard drive....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 66 of 85

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Sorry, missed this earlier....
First job is to "rip" the CD to your laptop.
Just pop it in to the CD drive and follow the instructions from the pop up box to rip the music to your hard drive....

Ahhh I haven't ripped a CD in ages. I actually miss it!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 67 of 85

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I just love that expression slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 68 of 85

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 69 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

a question

before I rip the cd, & yes I too like the new-to-me expression

I don't want all the tracks on the cd which is Bruce Springsteen Greatest Hits to do via laptop to my Nokia phone

1.     can I delete some tracks once all cd is on laptop ?

2.     the above reference to the cd:red/track = painted in red (from an unreliable source) ..... I was hoping to 'download' saving me the expense/bother of ordering cd off Amazon ?

sorry, It is never straightforward/simple with me is it ? slight_smile

Message 70 of 85