cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding music to my Nokia 515

Anonymous
Not applicable

..... Toby's thread about music

I have a Nokia 515 (as recommended by MI5 earlier in the year) 

it has apps on it & more apps ..... but I've not touched any of those type of buttons because (1) I'm not sure what they do ..... & ..... (2) I'm frightened about running up an un-necessary bill ..... but I would like some music to listen to through earphones

I've stopped buying cd's from Amazon as its not economic & there maybe only one track I like eg recent Van Morrisson & Michael Buble purchases

I've not downloaded anything to my mobile

before coming into O2C I would regularly go into the town's O2 store for help ..... = ..... major reason I choose O2

would I be correct in thinking I would be able to go into the O2 store & ask them & they could look up my contract details & advise me? ..... I am conscious that every 15 minutes the staff are expected to make a sale & I do feel somewhat guilty if I'm not buying but only seeking advice

thank you :womanvery-happy:

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Sure - I'm off myself so catch you another night x
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Before we go...can I just make a suggestion? This isn't Off Topic ...its a teaching thread. If I remember rightly @MI5  and @jonsie helped Wispa with another issue. Uploading pics to laptop

As it was something others could learn from @Toby agreed to move it. I think this should be moved to the same board?

Can someone remind me where the other one was situated?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 85

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Help-photos-on-disk-to-laptop/m-p/664207/highli...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5, I have ordered an SD card, as you suggest, from Amazon

I'm intrigued ..... does this SD card go into the mobile phone ..... or ..... is it bigger than that & needs to be kept clean & 'safe' in a 'wallet' ? slight_smile

Message 24 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Before we go...can I just make a suggestion? This isn't Off Topic ...its a teaching thread. If I remember rightly @MI5  and @jonsie helped Wispa with another issue. Uploading pics to laptop

As it was something others could learn from @Toby agreed to move it. I tthink this should be moved to the same board?

Can someone remind me where the other one was situated?

Other Services & Products, Cleoriff ..... btw you have a good memory cougar Gal x

Message 25 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Help-photos-on-disk-to-laptop/m-p/664207/highli...

That's the one @MI5 . It was placed into Other Products and Services by @Toby  I hope he can move this one to the same section.

It is very much a teaching thread and could provide a lot of information to other members.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Other Services & Products, Cleoriff ..... btw you have a good memory cougar Gal

Sometimes Jane...but I have a very strong passion for teaching and learning. (Its what I did for the last 20 years in nursing).... And I love these threads...because I learn from them myself Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi jane

The Micro SD card is placed into a slot within the phone near to where the SIM card is slotted in.

It's approx the size of a thumb nail.

This holds music, video and pictures.

If Your sending multi media messages then these will use a little amount of data as your connected to the O2 internet to send them.

A little Off Topic : You'll also be charged 40p per message. Their are cheaper alternatives such as Whatsapp and Viber but these need to be downloaded by the other parties too or use e mail.
Message 28 of 85

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
MMS messages do use data but the amount doesn't come out of your allowance - So it can be ignored for the purpose of this thread.
Having an SD card inserted into the phone makes it easy for you to place music on it and keep it all in one place.
It stays in the phone and your phone will automatically find any music you place on it which you can play through the "Music" app which is installed on your phone.

Currently using:
Message 29 of 85

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for all of the clarifications here MI5 slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 30 of 85