cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding music to my Nokia 515

Anonymous
Not applicable

..... Toby's thread about music

I have a Nokia 515 (as recommended by MI5 earlier in the year) 

it has apps on it & more apps ..... but I've not touched any of those type of buttons because (1) I'm not sure what they do ..... & ..... (2) I'm frightened about running up an un-necessary bill ..... but I would like some music to listen to through earphones

I've stopped buying cd's from Amazon as its not economic & there maybe only one track I like eg recent Van Morrisson & Michael Buble purchases

I've not downloaded anything to my mobile

before coming into O2C I would regularly go into the town's O2 store for help ..... = ..... major reason I choose O2

would I be correct in thinking I would be able to go into the O2 store & ask them & they could look up my contract details & advise me? ..... I am conscious that every 15 minutes the staff are expected to make a sale & I do feel somewhat guilty if I'm not buying but only seeking advice

thank you :womanvery-happy:

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

I've always advocated drag and drop.

Easy process.

Does the Nokia suite allow sync with iTunes ?
Message 11 of 85

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I've no idea but I don't think Jane has iTunes to worry about ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
Probably so.

Back On Topic then.

I did assume her phone was windows os. Should have checked. 😞

Good luck Jane. slight_smile
Message 13 of 85

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Indeed. It also is only 3G (no WiFi) which is why I asked about data to see what options for downloading music there were.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Jane, have a look in your http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and tell us which tariff you are on - we need to know how much data you have each month....

£10.00 per month

O2 Refresh 300 24M 300MB

Bolt On

1 data allowance Bolt On

and 1 additional Bolt On

MI5, I have copied out the info using pen & paper & then keyed it in here ..... I do not necessarily know what it all means ty

Message 15 of 85

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
OK, that says you have 300mb of data.
Do you use data for anything else, ie emails or websites at all?

Currently using:
Message 16 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

on my mobile I only use it for phone calls + texts + camera + radio

will you define 'data' for me please?

I do send photos with texts - it comes up on my mobile as 'multi-media message'

I do not use my mobile for emails or websites ..... I use my laptop for stuff like that ..... no other mobile electronic devices other than personal cd player, which is irrelevant here

my internet provider is SKY

my internet browser is Chrome

thank you slight_smile

Message 17 of 85

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I just wanted to check if anything else was using data at all, which, by the sounds of it, it isn't.
For 300mb you can download around 80-100 songs a month so should be OK to keep you occupied for a while, or you can download them on your laptop and transfer them by using a data cable to the phone - Whichever you are more comfortable with really.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you MI5 Thanks!

can I leave it there for tonight, please? Good Idea

Message 19 of 85

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You will also need an SD card to store your music on - Something like this will do the job http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FECZ19E/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=479289247&pf_rd_s=lpo-t...

Currently using:
Message 20 of 85