Not applicable
what can be done as adapter sent from O2 😞
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You could pop into an Apple Store to see if they can help if one is local via an appointment http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

If it's a black plastic adapter to make your SIM card into another size then O2 keep them in their stores and give them out free.

If it's the metal sim tray then look on auction sites or buy a non working model for that sim tray.

Maybe even Apple have one knocking about in their stores they could help you with.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You could pop into an Apple Store to see if they can help if one is local via an appointment http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

If it's a black plastic adapter to make your SIM card into another size then O2 keep them in their stores and give them out free.

If it's the metal sim tray then look on auction sites or buy a non working model for that sim tray.

Maybe even Apple have one knocking about in their stores they could help you with.
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help please got it out but pin broken that pops it out now 😞
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
The tray is fine but on taking it out the bit that makes it pop out snapped off 😞 so now is really hard to use 😞 not happy that the adapter broke my kids phone !
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've used the adapters for a while without issue.

I'm wondering if it wasn't seated correctly in the tray. This can happen.

You would need to speak to O2 or perhaps follow what I said in my previous reply.
Message 5 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Look for a local repair shop or try Apple store as previously advised.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will contact O2 as it would not sit properly in tray even though I tried it a few times and then when I tried to get it out as stuck the bit that pops it out snapped off 😞 Thanks
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
What size SIM card are you using ? I assume a nano sim.

Any O2 store can transfer your number and tariff to the correct sized SIM card the phone accepts so theirs then no need for an adapter for future usage.

Just a thought.
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
The process is ->

SwapMySim Procedure.

If a person upgrades to another phone and the new phone takes another sized Sim Card then this procedure moves the Tariff and Mobile number from the original SIM card to the new one. If on PayAsYouGo any credit will move across too.

This is the same if a new SIM card is required if a person feels their original one may be at fault.

Any O2 HighStreet Store can perform the swap in store (if on Contract please take some Photo I.D just incase), or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk Or text SWAP to 20220

Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information. And please take some Photo ID for Contract Sim Cards just incase your asked.

The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle.
Message 9 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I though someone said O2 only provide Nano sim cards now with adapters?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 18