cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Sim Card - not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Hoping somebody may be able to help with this.  I had my phone stolen a week ago.  O2 blocked the SIM and Phone.  I have since got a New phone (Blackberry 9360) and picked up a replacement SIM from my local O2 shop.

I tried to activate online, which did work - except they activate the SIM to my partners number not mine (we have a couple of numbers on the same account).  I went to O2 yesterday morning, they activated another blank SIM for me for my phone number.  I've put it in my phone and been switching on and off many many times over the last 26 hours. 

Since I put in the SIM it shows the Network at teh top of the screen as:  O2 - UK And the Signal bars are there and receiving signal, but it is showing as GPS or 3G (It keeps changing)

I am still unable to make calls and receive calls, and if I try to go online - or on Twitter or FB - It says "You are currently on a data plan that does not support this application....etc).  But my plan definately covers online data.

Does this mean my SIM isn't activated yet?  or that it has been done but not correctly.  I would've thought it would be connected by now?

Thank in advance!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for updating us all moonsunstars.

It's always useful to do so slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 11