cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G signal not working on Lumia 820 following 8.1 update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, does anyone know if there are any software issues following the update to 8.1 which is preventing the 4g from working when available? Prior to the update I could recieve a 4G signal when I was in the correct area now all I get is H+ and that's sketchy at best. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It should work 

Try turning the phone off, remove the sim and wipe it, re insert and turn back on.

And look at your masts via the Service status link

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Agree with the above. I have a 1520 and after EVERY update there is some problems. A factory reset has always solved them.

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. I will check next time I am in the area but will give the phone a re-boot anyway. In the past Ive tried the live service checker on the My Network app and everytime I get the pop up stating they are experiencing high demand in this area which can cause intermittent service. Doesn't matter which area, always the same message. 

Cheers

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its does seem that many across the Uk are experiencing Mast Congestion while 02 update their masts.

You can use the MYNETWORK App to report them as detailed in the Network Down link.

Ask anyone in your area on 02 to do the same to lend weight to your issues  .

Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144350 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Check your settings to make sure fastest available is enabled in network data...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Community! Let us know how did you get on and if you need help with any other thing, do not hesitate to ask slight_smile
Message 8 of 8