cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 and 4g

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had my phone since July this year. I have never had a 4 or 3 g service even though my contract and phone was for this use. I am also in a 4g area and my partner who has the same phone and contract receives all the signals. My phone has been away for repair by 7, yes, 7 engineers yet it still does not pick up 3 or 4g. I have totally lost faith in the phone and my contract but 02 shop just keeps saying we will send it away again. The phone is not fit for purpose as far as I'm concerned and is useless for what I need it for. The 02 shop has tried to contact the area manager to see what they can do but he seems to busy to even answer them. Anyone who can give me advice or my rights would be much appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call 202. Sounds like data is turned off on your account. No need for area managers or store managers to give any sort of approval at all, CS can see all they need on the computer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
First thing to do is put your sim in your partners phone to see if your sim gives 3g/4g on it.
If it does we can look at problems with your phone, if not it's an issue on your account that CS need to address.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Silly question probably but do you have mobile data turned on

Message 3 of 8

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Which phone do you have please?
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If the sim works ok in your partners phone, then after 7 attempted repairs for the same fault you are entitled to a replacement phone from O2.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a galaxy A3 and I have put my sim in my partners phone and then that phone does not pick up 3 or 4g. Before anyone asks, it is the third sim that 02 have given me for the phone so surely it still can't be the sim. I have asked again at the store to see the area manager but he can't be reached and the store manager tends to leave the shop when I turn up. All I want is for my phone to work as per the contract I signed in July. They will not change my phone or cancel and restart my contract unless the area manager says so which makes me wonder what the store manager actually does there. Anyone out there who knows my rights would be a great help.
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call 202. Sounds like data is turned off on your account. No need for area managers or store managers to give any sort of approval at all, CS can see all they need on the computer.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need the account resetting. At least you have ruled out the phone being an issue. A new sim won't resolve the issue. You do need to get someone in customer service to take ownership of the problem. My email to Mr. Dunne would have gone already.

Message 8 of 8