cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Blocked my IMEI then unblocked now only 02 network

Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchased a new Nokia 1020 in late December and unlocked it for any network through 02.

Worked perfectly fine with my 2nd three network sim card.

02 made a few errors with the billing so the phone plan wasn't paid and they then promptly IMEI blocked my phone. (Phone plan paid and airtime contract was cancelled within 14 days)

I have since paid the phone plan off and 02 have stated the IMEI block is removed but now my Lumia can't use any other sim card, don't even get the chance to use my unlock code when inserting any other sim.

Any sim card that uses the 02 network works fine, 02,Tesco,Giffgaff.

I did find a dial code online ##7820# which gives the unlock screen and allowed me to input my unlock code which then showed unlocked padlock but still no network from any other sim apart from 02.

Does anyone know if there is a delay in the other networks removing the IMEI block from their systems or has my phone somehow become blocked to only use the 02 network now.

Phone has been reset to factory settings 3 times now trying to get my Three sim to work.

Anyone had a similar problem or know of a possible solution.

George

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thank you for the reply.

Was going to check with checkmend but have been in email contact with the C.E.O's office and was informed last week that the block had been removed.

Just been trying to do a restore with the Windows Phone Recovery Tool that kept failing when entering flash mode, third time it failed and lo and behold my Three network sim started working after the third reboot.

Looks like it may have been a delay in the IMEI block to filter though all the networks.

One happy chap, at last.

George

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
First off I would check if it's still showing blocked on checkmend http://www.checkmend.com/uk/ ?
How long has it been since o2 lifted the block?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thank you for the reply.

Was going to check with checkmend but have been in email contact with the C.E.O's office and was informed last week that the block had been removed.

Just been trying to do a restore with the Windows Phone Recovery Tool that kept failing when entering flash mode, third time it failed and lo and behold my Three network sim started working after the third reboot.

Looks like it may have been a delay in the IMEI block to filter though all the networks.

One happy chap, at last.

George

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Good news how ever you got there slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4