cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Automated Texts in middle of the night

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all.  I have had text messages from 02 at 00.59 and 01.30 one about data allowance one about cost of phone bill.  Contacted 02 Guru and was told to turn my phone down.  I have elderly parents so this is not an option.  In the past I contacted 02 and they changed the time such messages were sent.  Apparently this is not an option I was told as they are automated texts.  Any suggestions please or was I given bad advice.  Don't mind the messages - but not to wake me and wife up in the middle of the night!!!!  Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Someone who works nights will be along later complaining that texts received during the day wake them up too.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The problem is that the computer recognises after midnight as another day so it is entirely down to the programming. With the millions of automated texts that go out on a daily basis I guess sending them all within a given 12 hour time schedule would probably overload the network....or not. Still, it's outrageous to be sending texts during the early morning hours. A phone is a lifeline for elderly or sick family and people need their phones on 24/7 these days.

Message 12 of 13

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

We're looking into this, as it shouldn't be happening anymore since a few improvements have been made. Had you noticed any other texts being delayed around this time by any chance?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 13