cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scratch on phone screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

is a scratch on my mobile phone screen anything to be concerned about

the screen is comparatively small ie Nokia 515 phone & the scratch vertical about 1/2 length of screen

you can feel the scratch with a fingertip

it's my fault because up to now I have put the phone in the same inside pocket of my handbag as my house keys. I'd say the keys scratched the screen slight_frown 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

is a scratch on my mobile phone screen anything to be concerned about

the screen is comparatively small ie Nokia 515 phone & the scratch vertical about 1/2 length of screen

you can feel the scratch with a fingertip

it's my fault because up to now I have put the phone in the same inside pocket of my handbag as my house keys. I'd say the keys scratched the screen slight_frown 

Hi Jane....

If the scratch isn't affecting what you see on your phone's display it shouldnt be a problem. It may be slightly weaker now due to the scratch so you need to be a bit careful as you dont want the screen to break.

Would you consider buying a cover/case for the phone? It does give it extra protection. You can buy these online from Amazon...or even a mobile phone shop/market may stock them...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you Cleoriff

I've just ordered one from Amazon as you suggest

dunno why I've not had a cover/case before

I will cosset the phone screen though, as you say, I don't want the screen to break

Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you Cleoriff

I've just ordered one from Amazon as you suggest

dunno why I've not had a cover/case before

I will cosset the phone screen though, as you say, I don't want the screen to break

My Note 3 has its own Red flip cover case. Keeps it immaculate and safe from my housekeys (and the rest of the jumble in my bag...) Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jane.

You can buy special mobile phone screen creams that if used carefully can remove light scratches.

A light scratch will not impair the strength of the phone screen.

Or apply a screen shield on the phone if it annoys you.
Message 5 of 15

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Glad you have ordered a cover.

Todays lesson @Anonymous? Don't put your keys (or coins) and phone in the same pocket.

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks again Cleoriff  & to BoB

I've just been rather silly in deliberately placing my housekeys in the same handbag inner pocket as my phone

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

Glad you have ordered a cover.

Todays lesson @Anonymous? Don't put your keys (or coins) and phone in the same pocket.

you got it @gemz4the1 

Message 8 of 15

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

We all do it.

I used to do it - I put my phone and loose change in the same pocket - I didn't have any major cosmetic damage but the odd little scratches were increasing and it was annoying me even though they were barely visible.  I treat my phone like glass - I do everything but wrap it in cotton wool LOL

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jane ( @WispaRed7)
Glad you have ordered a cover. I always use them to protect my phones... Which one did you get?
Message 10 of 15