cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old contract wasnt cancelled

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract came to an end and i opened a new one with a new phone. As i wanted to keep my old number (ive had it about 7+ years) i used it in the new phone. I realised after a few months that O2 were charging me for using this number on the old contract, and also charging me for the new contract. Has this happened to anyone else, and what can I do about it, eg can i get a refund?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Well if you asked to close old account and O2 failed you should contact CS and explain then if no success go to complaints review.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

then just call customer services and explain to them 

Message 12 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you bandofbrothers i will x
Message 13 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
So are you saying they contacted you six weeks before it was due to end you ended it and they are still charging you??
Message 14 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome. slight_smile

Let us know how you get on please.
Message 15 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes damien i am now, though i dont understand if a contract is for a period of 24/36 months then it ends after that time.
Message 16 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
No it doesn't end it turns into a monthly rolling contract and you have to give them 30 days notice to cancel it
Message 17 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey ya, you would still have to give them 30 days notice other wise it just rolls over each month i made that mistake many moons ago with t-mobile took me a year after to realise i was still paying them and no longer with their network lol. 

Message 18 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes jayjay its a new o2 contract. My first contract ended. I purchased a new handset with everything unlimited. My old contract had set usage x
Message 19 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 20 of 34